Indian Lunar Calendar for August 2021. List of Indian Holidays, festivals, and important days of the month of August 2021.
August 2021 (Shravana- Bhadrapada 2078)
According to the Hindu lunar calendar; the 8th month of the Gregorian calendar August 2021 starts from Vaisakha, Krishna Paksha Panchami, and ends on Jyestha, Krishna Paksha Shasti. Here are some important dates, holidays, festivals, and muhurats of August 2021.
31 days of August consist of 4 Wednesdays, Thursdays, Friday and Saturday, and 5 Sunday, Monday, and Tuesdays.
- Hariyali Teej (Wednesday, 11 August): A Hindu married woman observes an austere Fast on the day of Hariyali Teej for the long lives of her dear husband.
- Muharram (Thursday, 19 August): Muḥarram is the first month of the Islamic calendar. It is one of the four sacred months of the year when warfare is forbidden.
- Onam (Saturday, 21 August): Onam is a one of the most popular festivals in Kerala. This is a ten days festival which is no less than a majestic and big celebration.
- Raksha Bandhan (Sunday, 22 August): The festival of Rakshabandhan is a symbol of love between sister and brother. This festival is celebrated on the full moon day of Shravan month of Hindi calendar. Its tradition of celebrating this festival is going on since ancient times.
- Krishna Janmashtami (Monday, 30 August): Janmashtami is commemorated as a birth anniversary of Lord Krishna. Krishna Janmashtami observes on the eighth day every year after the full moon of Shravan Maas.
- Shravana Amavasya: Sunday, 08 August
- Hariyali Amavasya: Sunday, 08 August
- Nag Panchami: Friday, 13 August
- Skanda Sashti: Friday, 13 August
- Bhanu Saptami: Monday, 14 August
- Simha Sankranti: Tuesday, 17 August
- Narali Purnima: Sunday, 22 August
- Bahula Chaturthi: Wednesday, 25 August
- Hal Shasti: Saturday, 28 August
- Kalashtami: Sunday, 29 August
- Goga Navami: Tuesday, 31 August
- Rohini Vrat: 03 & 31 August
- Kamika Ekadashi: Wednesday, 04 August
- Pradosh Vrat: 05 & 20 August
- Masik Shivaratri: Friday, 06 August
- Masik Durgashtami: Sunday, 15 August
- Shravana Putrada Ekadashi: Wednesday, 18 August
- Varalakshmi Vrat: Friday, 20 August
- Kalki Jayanti: Friday, 13 August
Kalki Jayanti is observed to mark the arrival of the Lord Kalki – the 10th lord Vishnu.
- Tulsidas Jayanti: Sunday, 15 August
- Hayagriva Jayanti: Sunday, 22 August
- Balrama Jayanti: Saturday, 28 August
- Kali Jayanti: Monday 30 August
Other festivals and observations
- Friendship Day: Sunday, 01 August
- Islamic New Year: Tuesday, 10 August
- Independence Day: Sunday, 15 August
- Sanskrit Diwas: Monday, 23 August
- Marriage: No Muhurat
- Namakaran: 2, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 16, 19, 20, 22, 25, 27, 30
- Mundan: No Muhurat
- Property Pur: 6, 19, 26
- Vehicle Pur: 4, 6, 12, 13, 22, 23, 26, 30
- Griha Pravesh: No Muhurat
Join today a new spiritual social network: Download Rgyan App Now