Get Indian Lunar Calendar for July 2021. List of Indian Holidays, festivals, and important days of the month of July 2021.
July 2021 (Ashadha – Shravana 2078)
According to the Hindu lunar calendar; the 7th month of the Gregorian calendar July in 2021 starts from Ashadha, Krishna Paksha Saptami, and ends on Shravana, Krishna Paksha Ashtami. Here are some important dates, holidays, festivals, and muhurats of June 2021.
31 days of July consist of 4 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday and 5 Thursdays, Friday, Saturday.
- Jagannath Rath Yatra (Monday, 12 July): Rath Yatra is an annual chariot festival of the Lord Jagannath held in Puri, Odisha. It is considered as world’s largest car festival. It is also organized in other Jagannath temples across the world. On rath yatra, Lord Jagannath, his elder brother Balabhadra and his beloved sister Subhadra visit his aunt’s place every year on three majestic chariots with a lot of pomp and show which starts from the Jagannath Temple Puri. It is celebrated on Ashadha Shukla Paksha Dwitiya.
- Shravan Maas Starts (Sunday, 25 July): Shravan Maas is the most auspicious month in the Hindu Calendar. People believe that Shravan is the best time to please Lord Shiva. All Mondays or Somwar which fall during Shravan month is considered highly auspicious for fasting and known as Shravan Somwar Vrat.
- Karka Sankranti: Friday, 16 July
- Id-ul-Zuha (Bakrid): Wednesday, 21 July – Eid al-Adha is celebrated worldwide each year, which honors the willingness of Ibrahim to sacrifice his son Ismail (Ishmael) as an act of obedience to God’s command. Before Ibrahim could sacrifice his son, however, Allah provided a lamb to sacrifice instead. In commemoration of this intervention, animals are sacrificed ritually. One-third of their meat is consumed by the family offering the sacrifice, while the rest is distributed to the poor and needy. Eid al-Adha falls on the 10th day of Dhu al-Hijjah and lasts for four days. In the international (Gregorian) calendar, the dates vary from year to year shifting approximately 11 days earlier each year.
- Guru Purnima: Saturday, 24 July
- Yogini Ekadashi: Monday, 05 July
- Skanda Sashti: Thursday, 15 July
- Vasudeva Dwadashi: Wednesday, 21 July
- Kanwar Yatra: Saturday, 24 July
- Kalashtami: 01 & 31 July
- Pradosh Vrat: 07 & 21 July
- Rohini Vrat: Wednesday, 07 July
- Kokila Vrat: Friday, 23 July
- Masik Shivratri: Thursday, 08 July
- Masik Durgashtami: Saturday, 17 July
Other festivals and observations
- St Thomas Day: Saturday, 03 July
- World Population Day: Sunday, 11 July
- Marriage: 1, 2, 7, 13, 15
- Namakaran: 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12, 16, 19, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30
- Mundan: 16
- Property Pur: 2, 8, 9, 22, 23, 29, 30
- Vehicle Pur: 2, 7, 26, 29
- Griha Pravesh: 1
Join today a new spiritual social network: Download Rgyan App Now