Indian Lunar Calendar for September 2021. List of Indian Holidays, festivals, and important days of the month of September 2021.
September 2021 (Bhadrapada – Ashwina 2078)
According to the Hindu lunar calendar, September 2021 starts from Bhadrapada Krishna Paksha Dashmi and ends in Ashwina Krishna Paksha Navami. Here are some important dates, holidays, festivals, and muhurats of September 2021.
30 days of February consist of 4 Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday, and Sunday and 5 Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Ganesh Chaturthi (Friday, 10 September): Ganesh Chaturthi is an important Hindu festival dedicated to the god of wisdom, prosperity, and good fortune – Lord Ganesh. It is also called Vinayaka Chaturthi. According to Hindu Calendar, it falls on Chaturthi tithi of Shukla paksha in the month of Bhadrapada.
- Rishi Panchami (Saturday, 11 September): Rishi Panchami is an auspicious Hindu fasting day, especially for women. It observes on the fifth day of the Shukla Paksha of Bhadrapad month
- Ganesh Visarjan (Sunday, 19 September): Ganesh Visarjan comes on 11th day from Ganesh Chaturthi or Ganeshotsav which in itself is a big festival celebrated by Hindu devotees. In some places, Ganesh Visarjan is done on the same day as Ganesh Stapana, i.e. Ganesh Chaturthi. However, in most of the places across India, it is for 11 days and thus falls on the day of Anant Chaturdashi.
- Kalashtami (Wednesday, 29 September): Kalashtami is observed on Krishna Paksha Ashtami of every month with great devotion among devotees. On the day of Kalashtami, Lord Shiva is worshipped as Bhairava.
Pitru Paksha is a 16 day period from Bhadrapada Purnima to Sarvapitri Amavasya; when Hindus pay homage to their ancestor, especially through food offerings. In 2021, Pitru Paksha starts on Monday, 20 September & Maha Bharani (Bharani Shraddha) falls on Friday, 24 September.
You should know: Pitru Paksha Dates 2021
- Aja Ekadashi: Friday, 03 September
- Chandra Darshan: Wednesday, 08 September
- Skanda Sashti: Sunday, 12 September
- Lalita Saptami: Monday, 13 September
- Radha Ashtami: Tuesday, 14 September
- Parsva Ekadashi: Friday, 17 September
- Bhadrapada Purnima: Monday, 20 September
- Pradosh Vrat: 04 & 18 September
- Masik Shivaratri: Sunday, 05 September
- Masik Durgashtami: Tuesday, 14 September
- Rohini Vrat: Monday, 27 September
- Jivitputrika Vrat: Wednesday, 29 September
- Varaha Jayanti: Thursday, 09 September
- Vishwakarma Jayanti: Wednesday, 16 September
- Vamana Jayanti: Thursday, 17 September
Other festivals and observations
- Teachers Day: Sunday, 05 September
- Engineer’s Day: Wednesday, 15 September
- World Tourism Day: Monday, 29 September
- Marriage: No Muhurat
- Griha Pravesh: No Muhurat
- Namakaran: 1, 3, 8, 9, 12, 13, 16, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 27
- Mundan: No Muhurat
- Vehicle Pur: 1, 2, 9, 12
- Property Pur: 2, 3, 30
Join today a new spiritual social network: Download Rgyan App Now