Stress has always been the major concern for many. Our education, social and personal life, career, job; every other thing throws stress at us and we get mentally sick. People come up with many medicines, entertainment activities, tips, and tricks to eradicate the stress. Some may be surely effective but then I bet, not as good as Yoga.
Try these Yoga poses for at least 15 days and feel the difference!
This helps in balancing the right and the left side of our body by reuniting them in the center. Performing this asana will induce a meditative awareness in us and make us ready to indulge in the further poses. It also empowers the heart muscle.
- Sit comfortably in Siddhasana.
- Breathe in and unite your palms.
- Rest the thumbs delicately exactly in the middle of the chest.
- Next press your palms and fingers immovably and equally together.
- Keep your elbows bowed, back straight and palms squeezed together for no less than 2 to 5 minutes.
The most easiest and effective asana among all! It helps in installment of inner calmness in a person. It relaxes the muscles and lengthens the spine, hence eliminating anxiety and tiredness.
- Sit in simple cross-legged position.
- Keep some space between your feet and pelvis.
- press your hands opposing the ground and lift your sitting bones a bit.
- Attempt to hold for a breath or two and after that gradually bring down yourself back to the floor.
- continue doing this for 60 seconds.
Relaxes the brain and makes the person energetic. This also improves digestion and helps in reducing obesity.
- Sit up with the legs stretched out straight in front of you on the floor.
- Keep the spine erect and toes flexed towards you.
- Breathing in, slowly raise both the arms straight above your head and stretch up.
- Slowly breathe out and bend forward from the hip joint.
- Place your hands on your legs, wherever they reach.
- Stay in this position as long as possible.
- Breathe out and bring your arms down placing the palms on the ground.
This asana helps in curing insomnia and also relaxes the muscles of the brain. It soothes the mind and calms the heart.
- Sit on the floor with both the legs stretched out in front of you.
- Now bend the right leg and bring the feet close to the left thighs.
- Let the sole of the right foot touch the inner left thigh.
- Stretch the right bend leg as far back as possible without strain.
- Take a deep breath and take your arms above the head in line with your ears.
- Now exhale slowly and bend the body forward.
- Grab the left foot either by the toes or the middle of the foot depending on which is more comfortable.
- Pull your trunk forward until your forehead touches the knees.
- Release the right leg and stretch it in front of you to come back to the starting position where both legs are stretched out in front of you.
- Repeat this pose with the other leg, i.e. bending the left leg against the right thigh.
It slows down the level of stress and fatigue. It also relaxes the spine making the person feel relaxed. It is known as the child asana since the poses make the person behave like a kid.
- First sit straight and comfortably with your spine erect.
- Bend your body in the forward direction towards your thighs and try to touch the floor by your forehead.
- Your hands should be adjacent to your feet and keep your hands to back direction just near to heels with palms facing up.
- Breathe in and breathe out slowly at that moment.
- Try to hold your body in this posture for up to 2 minutes (Day by day increase the time).
- By inhaling release the pose and get back to your initial position.
It is the easiest pose to look at, but the most difficult one to be performed. If well performed this asana can bring total relaxation! It is like a pause to the nervous system before it starts working again. This pose ensures that the entire stress is flushed out and the mind becomes completely light.
- Lie on your back with your eyes closed, arms by your sides and palms facing up.
- Allow your ankles to fall outward.
- Completely relax your body and try to listen to the small and far away noises deep in your mind.
- This will enable you to sink into a different world of ultimate peace.