Aja Ekadashi Fasting Rituals and Benefits of worshipping Lord Vishnu
Ekadashi which falls just after 2 days of Krishna Janamasthmi in Bhadrapad month of Krishan Paksha is known as Aja Ekadashi or Kamika Ekadashi. In the year 2019, Aja Ekadashi will be celebrated on 26/27 August. On this Aja Ekadashi day, devotees must worship Lord Vishnu and with its influence all the sins committed in ignorance are destroyed.
Aja Ekadashi Vrat Vidhi (Fasting Rituals):
- Wake up early on this day (before sunrise), take a holy bath with kusha grass, sesame and clay.
- To worship Lord Vishnu, some grains (anaaz/dhaanya) should be placed in a pure and divine place.
- Fix an earthen pot- kalash decorated with red colour on top of the area loaded with the grains.
- After the establishment of that earthen pot kalash, offer holy water, vermillion and rice to that pot to begin the sacred rituals.
- Place an idol of Lord Vishnu on top of the earthen pot.
- Take the resolution of Aja Ekadashi fast by sitting next to Lord Vishnu’s idol.
- After taking the resolution, worship Lord with incense, lamps,bhog and flowers.
What should do, what not on this propitious occasion of Aja Ekadashi
- Do not eat grams/gram seeds, honey and vegetables like- karonda.
- Apart from this, it is not suggested to consume food for the second time on this day of Aja Ekadashi.
- The person should never eat meat on the dashami tithi of Aja Ekadashi.
- Masoor dal (lentils) should be avoided in the night of dashami date which flattens down the effects of the fast.
- Follow the Brahmacharya rules on the day of fasting and avoid consuming non-vegetables and alcohol items, especially on the dasami.
- In the period of Aja Ekadashi fasting, one should not indulge themselves into gambling, playing cards and other betting games.
- Do not eat paan (betel leaf) on the dasami date.
- On Aja Ekadashi, do not brush your teeth and No tree should be cut.
- Should refrain from condemning others and shun speaking lies on Aja Ekadashi.
Aja Ekadashi Vrat Benefits :
Fasting on Aja Ekadashi is considered very significant if it is done with proper solemn rituals as it takes away all the sins and wrongdoings. It is recommended to stay awake the whole night for Ratri Jagaran on this propitious fasting day– Aja Ekadashi. It is also said that all the sins that have been done inadvertently by someone will be vanished off by practicing fast on this religious Aja Ekadashi day and he/she gets immense happiness and prosperity in her/his life.
-Astrologers say wake up early on this day and once you get up, complete all your daily household chores and clean your house properly. Then, After finishing all these routine works, bathing etc. start worshipping Lord Vishnu to get blessings. However, if you are not aware of Shubh Muhurat for venerating Vishnu God on Aja Ekadashi, then do contact our skilled and renowned astrologers who would certainly provide you the details with proper auspicious Muhurat.