BLACKBUCK is believed to be the Reincarnation of Bishnois Religious Guru- Bhagwan Jambeshwar. He is also famed as- Vehicle of Wind and Moon God. Salman Khan was recently arrested for killing the Animal- Blackbuck back in 1997. As per the beliefs, Bishnoi Community waited a span of 20 years for the justice.
Here are some Unknown facts about Bishnoi Community and the Blackbucks:
- Bishnoi Community was formed by Jammeshwarji Maharaj (Jamboli) in 1542 AD, which was derived from the name Bish – Twenty and Noi – Nine).
- The Bishnois are always known for their love towards Nature, Environment and the Wildlife Conservation. They always succour to protect the flora and fauna and maintain eco-friendly surroundings for a green Earth.
- Jammeshwarji Maharaja perched 29 principles on the nature and the living beings.
- A Bishnoi can never bear/sanction the slaughtering of the animals and the trees precisely, the endangered Blackbucks and Chinkaras.
- The Bishnoi community of Jodhpur considers the blackbuck to be the manifestation of their religious Guru Jammeshwarji Maharaj.
- Bishnois are perhaps the world’s only environment friendly religion and well-known as the Universal Protector of Birds, Animals and trees. They often contribute in maintaining Peace and harmony with in.
- With countless efforts of this Community, over 1700 were arrested in 2016 involved in wildlife crimes and violations.
- They always stand for Women’s Rights, Kindness and Brotherhood.
- This notable community teaches a lesson of warmth and kindness towards all the living beings.
Do we Know ??
-According to Hindu mythology, Blackbucks were used by chariots of Lord Krishna and also called as “Krushna Mrug” (black deer).
– In Rajasthan state, the illustrious deity- Mata Karni is also believed to be Protector of blackbucks.
-Blackburg are also considered as the Vahan (vehicles) of Lord Vayu (the wind god) and Lord Chandra (the moon God).
-A Blackbuck can change its colour with the changing seasons and the weather. It is one of features that is way essential for its survival.
-Blackbucks are Herbivore Species and are usually found in unsheltered areas, open fields and grassland regions·
-In the Mughal era, the Blackbuck hounding was portrayed in the miniature paintings. They were always killed and targeted by the Royal Families because for Shikaras (Hunting).