Chandra Darshan 2018 – Time, Date and Importance
Date and Muhurat (Puja) Timings of Chandra Darshan :
Chandra Darshan is glorified on dwitya of Shukla Paksha in Bhadrapath Month (Bhado) and will be on 10th September in this month. Tithi begins: 17:47 on 10th September till 19:24 on the same day.
Moon will be visible to worship for a very short span of time, after the sunset.
Importance of Chandra Darshan :
- It is believed that Lord Shiva gets much more affectionate towards Goddess Gauri (Parvati) and conveys his massive fondness on this religious observance. Hence it is mandatory to conduct Shiv Pujan, Rudrabhisheka, and Parthiva Poojan to please them with proper ritual ceremonies.
- It is also advised to the people who have Chandra Dosha effects in their Kundli to revere Moon God (Chandra Dev) on Chandra Darshan with well-timed Pooja ceremonies to avoid mental disorder, the uneasiness of the mother and the possibility of loss of money and many more.
- Having an inauspicious moon (Chandra-dosha) in the horoscope may sometime influence mental stability and impact wealth benefits in one way or other, therefore it is highly recommended to perform suitable puja during Chandra Darshan.
- It is said that if you venerate Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati on the given auspicious time (shubh muhurat) on the full moon day, you will be blessed with immense fruitful and propitious results.
- Moon God is considered ‘the Lord of Wisdom and knowledge’, hence, on this day you will also be endowed with shrewdness, intelligence and the qualities of having deep powerful insights while worshipping Moon.
- It is said that every festival should be worshiped properly with religious set of rituals otherwise it is also rewarded with its opposite effect (sometimes). Therefore, it is advised to take utter care of the methodology to worship on such notable festival- Chandra Grahan. According to the belief, during the evening, it is highly auspicious to practice kadashopacha pujan to pay homage to Moon God.
- Also, Lighten Lamp of Gaughrath, burn incense of kapoor, offer white flowers, sandalwood, rice and perfumes, offer Panchamrit and eat kheer to impress Lord Shiva and Moon God.
- After performing the major puja ceremony on specific timings, recite this special mantra on the day of Chandra Darshan, and get mental and emotional peace of mind.
ॐ क्षीरपुत्राय विद्महे अमृत तत्वाय धीमहि, तन्नो चन्द्र: प्रचोदयात॥
Chant this special mantra 108 times with white sandalwood beads.