Lord Ganesha is the cutest God of Indian Mythology and is the favorite of the majority of people. He always stands as the foremost inspiration for Indian children and their parents. Lord Ganesha’s birthday is considered to be very important and a must to do celebration by Hindus.
Puja Timings Of Ganesh Chaturthi
Who Lord Ganesha Actually Is?
Why Celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi?
How To Celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi?
There are four main rituals done by the Ganesh Pandals during the festival.
- Pranapratishhtha – the process of infusing the deity into a murti or idol.
- Shhodashopachara – 16 forms of paying tribute to Ganesha.
- Uttarpuja – Puja after which the idol could be shifted after its infusion.
- Ganpati Visarjan – immersion of the Idol in the river.
- First of all, establish the idol of Lord Ganesha at your home. As per Vastu the northeast corner of the house is associated with bringing prosperity and happiness. Select the northeast corner of your house for Ganesh Puja which should be clean and calm.
- House is cleaned and sprinkled with ganga water especially in the place where the Idol of Lord Ganesha is to be placed.
- Arrange a bright dress for the idol and place diyas for the puja.
- Place the Kalash on the shrine and offer the deity with flowers and different food items.
- Arrange a puja thali have the below-mentioned contents to perform the puja
- Red Altar Cloth
- Brass Kalash with Nariyal
- Hindu Tilak
- Dhoop stick
- Supari (betel nut), Clove, Cardamom
- Darbha Grass (single)
- Puja Coin (German silver)
- Kapus Vastra
- Kharik, Badam, Raw Haldi
Celebrations In Maharashtra
Maharashtra forms the hub for marvelous pandals and awes striking celebrations of Ganesh Chaturthi. With soaring chants and traditional drum beats, the deity arrives at the place which would be his abode for the next 11 days. It is then followed by ritualistic ceremonies performed to invoke the Lord’s presence in the idol. The offering of a variety of sweets, flowers, rice, etc is made to the deity. Modak – a type of sweet which is believed to be a favorite of the Lord, is a popular sweet that can be found everywhere during this festival. The days to be followed are marked with regular morning and evening ceremonies and special events of singing religious songs, traditional dances and chanting prayers. The Maharashtrians mark this as the most lavish and extravagant festival.
Celebrations In Schools
Schools are the source of education and so is their motto! “To Educate”. Since Lord Ganesha is the symbol of knowledge and the provider of prosperity, schools make sure to arrange puja and feast on this day. Children start preparations a day before and decorate the school.
On the day of Ganesh Chaturthi, children are given a feast and sweets as well. They also attend the puja and pray for their bright future.
Celebrations In Public Communities
Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated throughout India at the individual level as well as the community level. Communities usually arrange huge pandals which are set up by an entire neighborhood and all the people get together to worship the Ganesha idol, with a lot of pomp and show. On the tenth day, all the people go to the river or sea to immerse the idol.
Ganesh Chaturthi is, in fact, the most widely celebrated Hindu Festival abroad. U.K, Mauritius, France, U.S.A are among the major countries apart from India who enjoys observing Ganesh Puja.