Dree Festival: Things You Must Know About The Biggest Agricultural Fest Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh is famed as- The Land of the Towering Mountains and the gigantic sub-tropical Forests. This state is the coast of dawn lit mountains and considered as the estate of rising sun. It is also stated as the “Orchid State of India” and the “Paradise of the Botanists.“
Situated in a half-hidden north-eastern edge of India, Arunanchal Pradesh is an abode of scenic rivers, quaint hills, gorgeous folks, renowned festivals and popular monasteries.
The Apatani Tribe of Arunachal Pradesh celebrates a well known-Agricultural Carnvial every year. This farming Festivity is proclaimed as- ‘Dree Festival‘ among the local folks, tribes and the residents. It is known to be the biggest and the most eminent festival of the Apatanis and has incredible facts that you might not aware of. Here unfolding some of the things, you must know about this biggest Fest of Arunachal-Pradesh.
- In the year, 2020, it will be remarked on the date: July 5 and takes place at Ziro, the Lower Subansiri district in the Indian states of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Solemnized with immense fervour by offerings religious rites and prayers to the gods.
- Divine shrines worshipped during this agricultural festival are: Tamu, Metii , Danyi and Harniang.
- Captivate the attention by slaughtering tame (domesticated) animals including- fowls and eggs to the deities.
- The festive customs of the pre-celebration starts one day before the main festival.
- The speciality of this harvest occasion is serving exotic traditional cuisines- pungent rice along with millet beer-Apong and classical songs in background, followed by folk dance, wearing pre-possessing attires and dresses by tribe-peeps.
- Through- out the feast, Cucumber (a vegetable cum fruit) is given to one and all that indicate the divinity of vegetables and fruits possible for bountiful- fertile agriculture.
- Gifting home-made extravaganza customary Brew-Wines as a symbol of love, affection and peace to the friends and relatives is a compulsion- custom.
- Apatanis tribes are very famous for their fruitful Rice Cultivation at their region in Arunachal Pradesh and this rice was produced in ancient times by using non-scientific technologies and former research.
- This three- day important Harvest Festival is witnessed typically to pay homage to Harvest gods– Tamu, Harniang, Metii, and Danyi in order to bring a superabundant harvest season and inexhaustible cultivated farming land.
- Substantially, it is observed to avoid scarcity of food in the society.
Dree Festival sounds interesting, right? After reading this, are you willing to go to Arunachal-Pradesh on Dree-Festival, this July?
Make- up your mind and do let us know. We would certainly help you with some FREE- COST ITINERARIES towards a journey to this state and perhaps recommend you a GOOD ROUTE option through customized course plan for your convenience.