Ekadashi is considered a very auspicious day in Hinduism and observed by partial fasting. The eleventh lunar day each of the two lunar phases (Krishna Paksha and Sukla Paksha) is called Ekadashi. According to the Hindu lunar calendar; 25 Ekadashi will be observed this year. Here is a list of all the Ekadashi dates(Ekadashi calendar) of 2021.
Ekadashi Calendar 2021
All 25 Ekadashi dates with names for Ekadashi vrats 2021.
|Saturday, 09 Jan||Krishna Paksha||Saphala Ekadashi|
|Sunday, 24 Jan||Shukla Paksha||Pausha Putrada Ekadashi|
|Sunday, 07 Feb||Krishna Paksha||Shattila Ekadashi|
|Tuesday, 23 Feb||Shukla Paksha||Jaya Ekadashi|
|Tuesday, 09 Mar||Krishna Paksha||Vijaya Ekadashi|
|Thursday, 25 Mar||Shukla Paksha||Amalaki Ekadashi|
|Wednesday, 7 Apr||Krishna Paksha||Papmochani Ekadashi|
|Friday, 23 Apr||Shukla Paksha||Kamada Ekadashi|
|Friday, 07 May||Krishna Paksha||Varuthini Ekadashi|
|Saturday, 22 May||Shukla Paksha||Mohini Ekadashi|
|05 – 06 Jun||Krishna Paksha||Apara Ekadashi|
|Monday, 21 Jun||Shukla Paksha||Nirjala Ekadashi|
|Monday, 05 Jul||Krishna Paksha||Yogini Ekadashi|
|Tuesday, 20 Jul||Shukla Paksha||Deva Shayani Ekadashi, Ashadhi Ekadashi|
|Wednesday, 04 Aug||Krishna Paksha||Kamika Ekadashi|
|Wednesday, 18 Aug||Shukla Paksha||Shravana Putrada Ekadashi|
|Saturday, 03 Sep||Krishna Paksha||Aja Ekadashi|
|Friday, 17 Sep||Shukla Paksha||Parsva Ekadashi|
|Saturday, 02 Oct||Krishna Paksha||Indira Ekadashi|
|Saturday, 16 Oct||Shukla Paksha||Papankusha Ekadashi|
|Monday, 01 Nov||Krishna Paksha||Rama Ekadashi|
|Sunday, 14 Nov||Shukla Paksha||Devutthana Ekadashi, Prabodhini Ekadashi|
|Tuesday, 30 Nov||Krishna Paksha||Utpanna Ekadashi|
|Tuesday, 14 Dec||Shukla Paksha||Mokshada Ekadashi|
|Thursday, 30 Dec||Krishna Paksha||Saphala Ekadashi|
Significance of Ekadashi
Ekadashi Vrat is also known as Hari Vasar. This fast is celebrated by both Vaishnava and non-Vaishnav communities. On Ekadashi fast, offering more than Havan, Yagya, Vedic Karma-kand also gives more results. It is said that by observing this fast, our ancestors or fathers attain heaven. The Skanda Purana also mentions the importance of Ekadashi fast. If someone observes this fast, then one has to use wheat, spices, and vegetables on Ekadashi.
You may also like to read: Aja Ekadashi, fasting rules and benefits
Rules of Ekadashi Vrat
There are very strict rules for observing Ekadashi fast on these Ekadashi dates. It is said that the people who keep this fast keep fasting on Ekadashi from the sun rising before Ekadashi date till the sun rises the next day. People of any gender and age can keep this fast according to their wishes.
- People observing Ekadashi fast have to follow some important rules on the day of Dashami which is one day before Ekadashi. It is said that from the day of Dashami, devotees should not eat meat-fish, onion, lentils, and honey-like food items.
- Remember that you have to stay away from indulgence in the night, as well as to follow celibacy completely.
- On Ekadashi, you can not use Wooden brush to clean your teeth. Instead of using it, you can chew with lemon, berries or mango leaves and clean your throat with your hands.
- On this day you cannot even break the leaf of the tree.
- Also, after bathing, you should go to the temple (Vishnu Temple).
- Read Ekadashi Vrat Katha.
- Read or hear the Bhagavad Gita is very fruitful.
- Chant ‘Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya’ with a sincere and clear mind.
- Worship Lord Vishnu on Ekadashi Days.
- You can donate according to your wishes.
The next day of Ekadashi is considered as Dwadashi. Nothing happens in Dwadashi Dashami and it is the same as in other days. It is said that on this day, Lord Vishnu is worshiped by taking a bath early in the morning, along with it, complete this fast by eating food as usual. It is said that it is good to give sweets and Dakshina etc. to Brahmins. Just remember that devotees should complete this fast before coming to Trayodashi. On this day try to follow the rules of Ekadashi fast and there should not be any mistake in this also.