Ganesh Chaturthi Puja Vidhi – Ganesh Puja at Home
The happening days are here again with a lot of enthusiasm and fervour. Devotees of Lord Ganesh are preparing out of the box this time to have a blast for coming ten days carnival of Hindu Culture. This Hindu festivity is no lesser than a big occasion for Lord’s admirers. They do their best to please Lord Ganesha and organise Pujan at their houses with proper puja-vidhi and other ceremonial rituals. Before getting into the most thunder-ride of Ganesh Puja – Ganesh Chaturthi , let’s know everything about Ganesh Chaturthi celebration and Ganesh Puja.
Ganesh Puja and Ganesh Chaturthi
Ganesh Chaturthi 2019 date in India :
This year in 2019, on Ganesh Chaturthi, Lord Ganesha will be venerated by his beloved devotees from 02nd September till 13th September with bunch of different ceremonies at distinct part of the country as well. Traditionally, with accordance of Hindu Calendar and according to the Gregorian calendar, it begins on the fourth day of lunar- month Bhadrapada, which intrinsically falls in the months of August / September.
Ganesh Chaturthi Puja Vidhi :
During Ganesh Chaturthi , four divine traditional ceremonies are organised by avid followers of Hinduism to celebrate the birth anniversary of Lord Ganesha- who is the second son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
The procedure of pervading the picture of Lord Ganesha into a murti or idol is the very first ritual to be performed on Ganesh Chaturthi which is stated as- Pranapratishhtha. The second is Shhodashopachara observance that witnesses 16 ways to pay homage to Lord Ganesha. Uttarpuja is a conventional Puja followed by shifting newly fabricated idol after its infusion. The last ritual Ganpati Visarjan is the immersion of the Ganesha murti (idol) in the nearby river, pond or sea.
How to do Ganesh Puja at home (Step-by step process) :
- At the very beginning, position the Lord Ganesha’s idol at your home-temple or closer to it.
- It is suggested (as per Vastu direction) to install the murti or idol at the northeast corner of the house as this brings in unity, opulence and happiness among the family members. (for more vastu details, click here)
- The corner where the Ganesha idol has been placed should be extremely clean and arranged neatly with required puja items.
- Make sure to sprinkle holy ganga jal (water), most importantly near the area where the Idol of Lord Ganesha is fixed.
- Exhibit Lord Ganesha in a glaring and shiny outfit and also arrange diyas for the Ganesh puja.
- Set the Kalash or earthen pot in the place where idol is settled and offer the deity of Lord Ganesha with flowers with different food items.
- Arrange all items for Ganesh puja in a thali including red vermillion, altar piece of cloth, brass kalash with nariyal (coconut), gomutra (cow-pee), gangajal (holy water), rosewater, diya, ghee, dhoop stick, supari (betel nut), clove, cardamom, darbha Grass (single), puja coin (german silver), akshat, panchmeva, janeumouli, kapus vastra, honey, attar, kapur, kharik, badam, raw Haldi(turmeric).
Ganesh Puja Mantra :
- “Om Gam Ganpataye Namah”.
- “Vakratunda Maha-Kaaya Surya-Kotti Samaprabha Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva Sarva-Kaaryeshu Sarvadaa”.
- “Om Namo Siddhi Vinayakaya Sarva kaarya kartrey Sarva vighna prashamnay Sarvarjaya Vashyakarnaya Sarvajan Sarvastree Purush Aakarshanaya Shreeng Om Swaha”.
- “Om Shreem Hreem Kleem Glaum Gam Ganapataye Vara Varad Sarvajan janmay Vashamanaye Swaha Tatpurushaye Vidmahe Vakratundaye Dhimahi Tanno Danti Prachodyat Om Shantih Shantih Shantihi”.
- “Om Ganesh Rinnam Chhindhi Varenyam Hoong Namaah Phutt”.
Related Article about Ganesha Chaturthi