Ganesh Chaturthi or Vinayaka Chaturthi is an important Hindu festival; dedicates to the Lord of wisdom – Ganesh. It falls on Shukla Paksha Chaturthi of the Hindu month of Bhadrapada. He is known as the god of wisdom, prosperity, and good fortune. They do their best to please Lord Ganesha and organize puja at their houses with proper puja vidhi and other ceremonial rituals. Let’s know about how to do Ganesh puja at home.
Simple Ganesh Puja at home
You should get up early in the morning, take bath and wear new clothes. Then they prepare samagris to worship Lord Ganesha with an idol of gold, silver, copper, or clay. Most people worship him in the form of the Shodashopchar method.
- At the very beginning, position the Lord Ganesha’s idol at your home temple or closer to it.
- You should install the murti or idol at the northeast corner of the house; as this brings in unity, opulence, and happiness among the family members.
- The corner where the Ganesha idol has been placed should be extremely clean and arranged neatly with required puja items.
- Make sure to sprinkle holy Ganga Jal (water), most importantly near the area where the Idol of Lord Ganesha is fixed.
- Exhibit Lord Ganesha in a glaring and shiny outfit and also arrange diyas for the Ganesh puja.
- Set the Kalash or earthen pot in the place where the idol is settled and offer the deity of Lord Ganesha with flowers with different food items.
- Arrange all items for Ganesh puja in a thali including red vermillion, altarpiece of cloth, brass Kalash with nariyal (coconut), gomutra (cow-pee), gangajal (holy water), rosewater, Diya, ghee, dhoop stick, supari (betel nut), clove, cardamom, darbha Grass (single), puja coin (german silver), akshat, panchmeva, janeumouli, kapus vastra, honey, attar, Kapur, kharik, badam, raw Haldi(turmeric).
Ganesh Puja Mantra
“Om Gam Ganpataye Namah”.
“Vakratunda Maha-Kaaya Surya-Kotti Samaprabha Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva Sarva-Kaaryeshu Sarvadaa”.
“Om Namo Siddhi Vinayakaya Sarva kaarya kartrey Sarva vighna prashamnay Sarvarjaya Vashyakarnaya Sarvajan Sarvastree Purush Aakarshanaya Shreeng Om Swaha”.
“Om Shreem Hreem Kleem Glaum Gam Ganapataye Vara Varad Sarvajan janmay Vashamanaye Swaha Tatpurushaye Vidmahe Vakratundaye Dhimahi Tanno Danti Prachodyat Om Shantih Shantih Shantihi”.
“Om Ganesh Rinnam Chhindhi Varenyam Hoong Namaah Phutt”.
You may like: 10 Things to Offer Ganpati Bappa
Ganesh Chaturthi Puja Vidhi
The procedure of pervading the picture of Lord Ganesha into a murti or idol is the very first ritual to be performed on Ganesh Chaturthi which is stated as Pranapratishhtha. The second is Shhodashopachara observance that witnesses 16 ways to pay homage to Lord Ganesha. Uttarpuja is a conventional puja followed by shifting a newly fabricated idol after its infusion. The last ritual Ganpati Visarjan is the immersion of the Ganesha murti (idol) in the nearby river, pond, or sea.
After worshiping, the Brahmins are offered Dakshina by offering the Moon with a low eye. In this puja, there is a law of offering 21 laddus to Lord Ganpati. According to belief, one should not look at the moon these days.
Before going through basic steps to perform Ganesh puja at home; let’s know about the shubh tithi and puja muhurat of Ganesh Chaturthi.
Date and Puja Muhurat
In the year 2022, Lord Ganesha will be venerated by his beloved devotees from Wednesday, 31 August.
Madhyahna Ganesha Puja Muhurat – 03:33 PM to 03:23 PM
Duration – 23 Hrs 50 Mins
Ganesha Visarjan on Friday, September 9, 2022
Duration – 23 Hours 50 Min
Chaturthi Tithi Begins – 03:33 PM on Aug 30, 2022
Chaturthi Tithi Ends – 03:23 PM on Aug 31, 2022
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!