Kutch Rann Utsav: An incredible White Sand Desert Festival in Gujarat
A place where the parched lands and bare deserts speak’ more than people around is ‘Gujarat’. Gujarat is also much popular for its culture heritage, splendid beauty and traditional festivals. On account of it, Gujarat also toasts a notable Indian festival- ‘Rann Utsav’ in the district- Kutch. Celebrated with immense fervour every year especially in the month of January is no lesser than a beautiful gala on the barren deserts. Rann Utsav is widely known as- Kutch Mahotsav among the local residents of Gujarat. Howbeit, Rann Utsav got the name with- Rann apparently means deserts and Utsav is Festival. This one of a kind desert festival is way popular not only in Gujarat state but also across the world. Authentically, in the year, the festivities begin by 1st of November 2018 and ends by 20th February 2019.
Interesting Facts about the Kutch Utsav:
The major highlights of the festival include:
- The event at Kutch unfolds the wonders of the traditional dances, cultural programmes and other enchanting performances by the skilled artists.
- Frenzied visitors roister the moonlight walk under the white sand. This big Indian Festival is often vast, scintillating and each time has unique theme that pervades a work of art or literature.
- The most happening part of the Rann Utsav is- spectacular view of the white sand desert during sunset and sunrise.
- The extravaganza uproar can truly be felt on the full moon night during the Christmas and New Year Eves.
Also read this : Hindu Festivals, Vrat Katha, Rituals and Mantras.
- Every year, the organisers welcome the guests and holiday makers with exotic fair for the shopping freaks. The market gets embellished with-the collection of silver and gold traditional jewelleries, mirror-embroidery work dresses, wood effigies, unique designed showpieces and other beauteous items.
- The local talents and great virtuosities exhibit their sublime skill in music or another artistic pursuit to delight people.
- A hot air balloon ride to the deserts on the camels is worth experiencing.
- Rann Utsav does not only have events for adults and couples but also provide a wide range of fun activities for kids.
- The team works deliberately on the themes such as- Gujarat fine arts, literature and culture. The interior sculptures inside the tents, chisels on the walls and interior workshop are no lesser than magnificent exhibitions.
To make this festivity a way memorable, it is advised to be a part of it during Christmas celebration and New Year bash. Arriving in time to relish the occasion would surely make it worth remembering. Being one of the most widely celebrated festivals in the world, Rann Utsav at Kutch also unfurls the beauty of diversity and harmony among Indians. Tourists of all religions and sects go to see and spend time at white sand desert for a perfect holiday. They stay temporarily as a guest inside the beguiling tents and enjoy natural beauty of the Kutch festival. It’s truly said- So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth.
Read about : 2019 Yearly Horoscope
You may also like : New Year Celebration 2019: 8 Best Divine places for spiritual events