For many many years, people in India and various other Asian countries have known about the benefits of drinking water from Copper Vessels. According to ancient Ayurvedic scriptures, there are numerous health benefits of storing water in copper vessels. In the present day scenario, the medical studies have supported this ancient Ayurvedic practice.
Copper is regarded as an essential mineral for the human body. Ancient Ayurveda recommends storing water overnight in a copper jug and drinking it first thing in the morning for a host of health benefits. When water is stored this way, it is called Tamra Jal and helps to balance all three doshas i.e. the Kapha, the Vata and the Pitta doshas.
Copper, scientifically as a metal, has electromagnetic energy which is known as Prana Shakti. If one consumes the water that is stored in a copper vessel for at least 8-10 hours, it will be highly beneficial. The copper of the vessel makes the water ionic which helps in maintaining the body’s pH i.e., the acid-alkaline balance.
Here are 10 health benefits of copper
- It is anti-microbial: According to a recent study published in the Journal of Health, Population, and Nutrition, water stored in copper vessels for up to 16 hours reduces the presence of harmful microbes. It is so powerful that copper surfaces are now installed in hospital ICUs as they kill 97% of infection-causing bacteria, reducing infections by almost 40%.
- Stimulates brain activity: Copper helps in the synthesis of phospholipids that are essential for the smooth functioning of the neurons in our brain. Thus, making our brains work faster and more efficiently. Copper also prevents seizures as it has anti-convulsive properties.
- Helps in losing weight: Copper helps aid our digestive tract. It also helps break down fats from our body and eliminates weight gain.
- Slows ageing: Worried about wrinkles? Copper is your saviour! Copper has very strong anti-oxidant and cell rejuvenating properties that fights free radicals and helps in the formation of new skin cells thus preventing wrinkles.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Copper helps in eliminating arthritis and other inflammatory pains. Drinking water stored in a copper vessel helps in relieving aches and pains due to inflammation in joints.
- Copper fights cancer: Copper has extremely forte anti-oxidant properties that fight free radicals off our body and reduce their ill-effects. Copper helps prevent the onset of cancer and has considerable anti-cancer effects on the body.
- Helps wounds recover faster: With its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties copper is extremely beneficial for healing and treating wounds. Copper also strengthen our immune system as it helps in cell rejuvenation.
- Maintains Cardio-vascular health and beats Hypertension: Copper helps in minimises one’s risk of developing the risk of heart-related diseases. It regulates blood pressure and lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the body.
- Regulates the working of Thyroid Gland: People with poor functioning thyroids often have a deficiency of copper in their bodies. Copper is an essential requirement for the thyroid gland to work properly. So if one drinks water infused in copper, it makes up for the deficiency and helps regulates the thyroid function.
- Beats anaemia: Copper helps our body at almost all levels from cell rejuvenation to the functioning of organs. Copper also helps in the absorption of iron in the body which helps keep anemia at bay. It also helps regulate the hemoglobin in the body.