Winters are around and we all are experiencing some or other issues related to our health. Since ages, we have to follow a strict routine leading such a nerve-racking life during the winter season. Are you into some chronic indigestion or facing severe irritable bowel syndrome or having some annoying trouble breathing? Or else have you been undergoing ceaseless headache or persistent Hair problems? These symptoms seem quite mundane nowadays, which lead to incessant snags such as Hair Dandruff, Obesity and Acne Problems etc. If you are one who is continuously lining with any of these troubles, try some ‘Ayurvedic’ Remedies and Treatments for the betterment of health to enjoy the misty beauty of winter season present in nature. As Hindu Mythology and ‘Vedic Puranas’ say- ‘Ayurveda’ is a traditional system of medicine. And the term ‘Ayurveda’ stands for ‘Science of Life’. ‘Ayurveda’ has a panacea of all the diseases and thus carries protocols for all the predicaments.
Ayurvedic Headache Treatment
- Apply a paste of sandalwood powder or ground clay mixed with rose water for relief in burning sensation with headache.
- Grind 12-15 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste to the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
Ayurvedic Dandruff Treatment
- Apply coconut oil on a daily basis with a gentle scalp massage, half n hour before bath. You can combine the coconut oil with a teaspoon of Neem powder or 5 – 10 Neem leafs or else 5 – 10 curry leafs. Then, give it a heat it in the mild fire for 5 minutes and filter it. Use this as hair oil for better benefits.
- Soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek in water. Grind it, the very next day. Now, apply this slimy paste to the scalp. Leave it for 15 – 30 minute and then rinse off with normal water. Basically, this acts as a natural hair conditioner and you will be stunned to see the improved hair shine. You can also mix Amla powder with water or curd in the fenugreek paste.
- Soak 5-6 raisins and almonds in water at night. Consume those soaked dry-fruits, the next day morning, them for removing hair- dandruff as it contributes to hair dandruff control.
Ayurvedic Obesity Treatment
- Make a paste of green mint with some simple spices and eat during meals or else prefer a Green Mint Tea.
- Eat vegetables such as- spinach, carrot, bitter gourd and drumsticks to control obesity.
- Take a tablespoon of honey daily with lukewarm water in the early morning. It is an excellent home remedy for obesity. You can also mix lemon to it.
- Take one teaspoon full of powdered cinnamon; boil the powder at room temperature. Squeeze half a lemon and mix a tablespoon of honey in cinnamon water. Take this warm tea several times a day at regular intervals. You can fast on this drink during the day without the loss of energy. Highly effective in obesity
Ayurvedic Acne Treatment
- Prepare a powdered mixture of coriander seeds, fennel, basil, turmeric and Indian gooseberry (Amla) in equal parts. Take 1 teaspoon of this powder, just before 15 minutes of your lunch and dinner.
- Make a thick paste after grinding Neem Leafs and give it a blend with rose water before applying the pack on to your face skin specially on the affected area or else crush some Neem leafs to make a chunky powdered face mask/ pack for acne-free skin.
- Take 1 teaspoon of powdered Indian gooseberry (Amla) in morning and evening with water.
- Mix one teaspoon of coriander juice with a pinch of turmeric powder. Drink that mix, twice a day.
- You can also apply a thick layer of Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mithi) and Rose water (Gulab Jal) on the acne spotted area to get rid of Acnes.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Mix one teaspoon of Psyllium Husks (Isabgol) with half a cup of fresh yogurt one hour after dinner.
- Make a cup of tea by boiling one teaspoon of flaxseeds in water at room temperature and drink it at night.
- Take 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon, ginger, and cumin powder with mix honey to make a paste. Take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day for better results.
Ayurvedic Asthma Treatment
- Make a mixture of powdered dried ginger (Sonth), black pepper and long pepper in equal amounts and store the blended mixture in an airtight container. Take 1 teaspoonful of this powder in lukewarm water with 1 teaspoonful of honey twice a day.
- Take 10-12 black pepper and 10-12 guava leaves, 1 cup milk and one cup water. Mix them all o in a vessel and boil it well at room temperature, heat the mixture till it gets reduced to one cup, make sure to drink in the empty stomach. Take this mixture daily for at least six months or a year to get rid of Asthma.
- You can also try this home remedy or the Ayurvedic treatment for curing yourself with Asthma. Boil some cumin seeds in two glasses full of water and inhale the steam.
- Take equal amount of ginger, black pepper, cardamom, clove, cinnamon, turmeric and 30 gm of sugar in a bowl. Grind these ingredients in a powdered form. Take one teaspoonful of this mixture and mix it nicely with honey. Make sure to take this Ayurvedic Home-made Powder twice a day for a good result.
Ayurvedic Treatment Chronic Indigestion
Regular chewing of half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after food is good for digestion and gastritis.
- Garlic – drink is also a good home remedy for gastritis.
- Add a pinch of Asafoetida (Hing), Turmeric,(Haldi) half a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a glass of buttermilk, should be consumed at night, is good for effective treatment of gastritis.
- Mix some pepper powder in a half or one spoon of honey– take this two times a day, as this is one of the effective home remedies for gastritis.
- Take some cumin seeds and crush them into a fine powder now add those cumin seeds to one a glass full of water. Now Boil that water for 5 minutes and filter it. Drink this water, in place of normal water.