Are Crows usually associated with dark omen and death in mythology?
People in India blindly believe in superstitious beliefs and mythological tales, depending upon how strong and effective the legendary folklores are. Deeper your folk mythological stories more would be the chances of belief and trust. And in addition to this, a famous writer- John.C.Maxwell once said- ‘the depth of your mythology is the extent of your effectiveness’. Crows are large perching birds with mostly glossy black feathers, a heavy beak, and a squawky voice.
Almost all the members of the crow categories including- American crows, jays, pheasants and common ravens etc. usually cause to make a rapid succession of short, sharp knocking caw-caw sound, known as- rattle or cluck which might be a good omen and unveils an arrival of some guests for a temporary visit. Let’s dig a bit about all other superstitions about Crow/raven omen (crow pheasant omen).
Crow Omens and Superstitions –
There are a bunch of crow related omens in Hindu culture as well as in Indian mythology. But in whole, the omens involving crows can mean different things depending on the crow breed types and their alleged behaviour, so be sure what a crow is signing and how does it behaving simply to know the genuine crow omen in Hinduism.
Fewer are the crow signs and crow omens that could be either considered as crow good omen or crow bad omens. Check out the listing below and have knowledge (and information) concerning crow superstition India.
Crow Good Omens –
- 2 crow omen: 2 crows superstition generally discerns as bringing good luck and expresses wishes for success and happiness in time to come.
- 4 crow omen: Seeing 4 crows superstition is extremely famous among peeps, since if you catch sight of 4 black crows all together, then it definitely signals an abundance of valuable possessions or money.
- Crows cawing superstition: In India, it is a belief that if crows make some noise on your balconies, then some of your unasked/ uninvited guests would surely pay a visit to your place. In the nutshell, these crows let the hosts know about the arrival of their relatives or an unwanted visitor by their annoying signature voice which sounds like- Caw! Caw at the doorsteps. Craw Cawing superstition is also known to be crow call omen/ omens crow cawing/ crow sound omen in some places.
- Crow death omen/ dead crow omens/ crow dying omen: Crow omen of death is not something that brings bad luck with it, if you ever see crow dying or a dead crow anywhere, it means you likely to get succeeded (triumphed) at whatever you are trying since ages. Since these deceased and lifeless creatures could be a hopeful symbol in upcoming time.
- Crow flock omen: Superstition about crow especially when these crow birds are in a flock and roam together is unusually good. Thus, it is believed that they essentially showcase a sign towards something alluring and irresistible
- 3 black crows superstition: 3 crow omen/ omens three crows is conventional and based on with what is generally believed globally. Superstition about crows, especially in a bunch of three is an indication of drastic changes in your life. These amendments of three crows superstition may be a symbol of fitness and a state of being free from illness or injury.
- Crow nest omen/ Crow feather omen: Nests of crows and crow feather seem to bring in wealth and riches to the house. So, next time, if you wish this to happen, greed them by their favourite edible stuffs and make sure to put some little peanuts, meat scraps, baked eggs, nutcrackers or any dog food on the railing of the balcony along with a large bowl of water.
Crow Bad Omens –
- 1 crow omen: If you witness only a single crow that is flying across your way is probably an indication of misfortune as watching a single crow is ill-fated and unpropitious.
- 5 crow omen: 5 crows superstition is not world-wide popular and nobody knows much about its non-familiar omen for crows. However a momentary glimpse of five queued up crows is not good for health, sometimes.
- 6 crow omen: Universally, 6 black crows superstition is notable and unusually inauspicious in one way or other. It features the fact of dying or being killed. In a nutshell, it destines the end of the life of a person close to you or in your family.
- 7 crow omen: Seven is supposed to be one of the luckiest numbers in Hindu mythology and on account of it, a group of 7 crows therefore gestures prosperity and affluence.
- Crow sighting and feeding crow during- Pitru paksha – Shradh: If you wish to call a crow to take a glance of it for traditional beliefs such as –crow call omen then the arrival of crows would just leave your balcony a mess with bird droppings and less-eaten food particles, nothing else. Additionally, their cawing sound might irritate your family members and neighbours (close to you) in some ways. However, it is often believed to be one of the religious rituals in Hindu Mythology.