Journeys have always been important to any being. We either go out with an intention to complete a particular goal or for experiencing peace and happiness leaving behind our stressful life. Indian Mythology also gives a lot of importance to the way we start our journey. There are ample amount of myths and beliefs associated with it. We have jotted down some for your reference.
- It is a good sign if a crow appears from the east as an owner is leaving the house.
- It is auspicious if a dog brings a person’s shoes to him or her before the start of a journey.
- A dog licking its owner’s feet is an indication of success and fame.
- It is auspicious to see a dog with food in its mouth at the start of a journey.
- A strong breeze or wind just before starting a journey or on work is auspicious.
- It is auspicious to meet a spiritual leader or priest at the start of a journey.
- Meeting a newlywed couple before the start of a journey is auspicious.
- It is auspicious to see a funeral procession coming from the opposite direction during a journey.
- A mongoose crossing your way is a good omen.
- Spotting a peacock on a hillock while on a journey or road trip is considered lucky.
- A crow cawing as someone is leaving the house or starting work suggests loss.
- If a dog licks its own feet before the start of its owner’s journey, it’s an indication of obstacles
- If dogs are seen fighting in front of a house before the start of a journey, it indicates that the purpose of the journey will not be achieved.
- It is inauspicious to see a funeral procession going in the same direction as you.
- If a person stumbles at the start of a journey, the trip should be postponed as it can be an indication of failure.
- If someone stops you and asks for directions at the start of a journey, it indicates obstacles.
- If property’s prayer lamp extinguishes by itself before the start of a journey, it indicates danger.
- It is inauspicious for the bride to see a funeral procession while she is on her way to her wedding
- It is inauspicious for the bridegroom to see a funeral procession while returning from his wedding.
- A cat crossing while on your way is a bad omen
- If you are going out and someone sneezes in front of you that is said to be a bad omen, and it won’t accomplish your work.
- When you are going somewhere, and someone else calls you from your back it is a bad omen as well.
It all depends on how we accept these believe and how positively or negatively we portray them in our life. Every belief has some logic associated with it when they were created, since our ancestors had much more presence of mind than us.
You can spot out certain beliefs you are aware of below, in the comments section.