Shani Amavasya or Shani Jayanti dedicates to the Birthday of Lord Shani. It is observed on Vaishak Vadya Chaturdasi Amavasya. Shani Amavasya falls on Saturday, 13th March 2021, and Saturday, 4th December 2021. Lord Shani is the son of Lord Surya and rules the planet Saturn and weekday Saturday.
Shani Amavasya Puja Timing
Amavasya Tithi Timing -March 12, 3:02 PM – March 13, 3:51 PM
Amavasya Tithi Timing- Dec 03, 4:56 PM – Dec 04, 1:13 PM
As per the astrological predictions, Lord Shani is popularly known as- Saturn. In Hinduism, vehement devotees offer their prayers to impress Shani Deva by following numerous religious customs. They follow strict traditional rituals to protect one from inadequate omens. It is esteemed as a very important and holy day to cleanse all your Deeds and Karmas and takes care of any kind of astrological doshas.
You may like: Easy Ways To Impress Lord Shani
Lord Shani is the most feared God in Hindu Folklore and is considered to be the Karma (deeds) Guru/Mentor for the worshipers. It is also popular as the Lord of Saturday and is famed as one of the nine primary celestial bodies (Navgrahas) of the Universe. Shani Deva is better known as- “Śanaiścara”; therefore this eminent day is also noted as Shanishchara Jayanti.
Shanishchara Jayanti or Shani Amavasya is considered a divine day to worship Lord Shani. It is also presumed that, on this propitious day, Lord Shani was appeared on Earth to give blessing to his avid devotees. Worship is all about establishing a connection between Lord and doing such deeds which will bring peace and bliss to anyone’s life apart from all vedic/religious rituals in our Sanatan Dharma.
You should read: Shani Dosh Nivarana Tips
Lord Shani Puja procedure & puja vidhi at Home
Here is Lord Shani puja vidhi and procedure at home. But it is recommended not to worship Lord Shani at your home. You can perform shani puja nearby Shani temples.
- Keep an iron Statue or an image of Lord Shani in your temple.
- It is considered very auspicious to esteem Lord Shiva, Hanumana and Lord Ganesha along with Lord Shani on this opportune day.
- Ideally, it is suggested to place idols of these gods inside the main sanctum-sanctorum.
- Mix some Sesame seeds and Til Ka Tel in the water before taking a holy bathe.
- Wear Black Clothes to impress Lord Shani.
- Can observe a strict Fast as well.
- One should also meditate and follow the Path of Enlightenment for inner- peace and satisfaction.
- Offer Blue flowers and Bhoga to the idol.
- Proffer black til seeds, black muslin cloth, castor oil, black channa, and iron nails.
- Chant the Shani Deva Shloka for 11,000 times “OM PRAM PRIM PROM SAH SHANAYE NAMAH” or Om Sanaischaraya Vidmahe Sooryaputraya Dheemahi,Tanno Manda Prachodayata.
- All the things worshiped should be distributed among the poor and necessitous.
- Feed a black dog, a crow or other animals.
Rituals of Shani Amavasya
On Shani Jayanti, Yagya or havan are performed in Navagraha temples or Shani temple. The idol of Shani is cleaned with Ganga Jal, Panchamrit, mustard oil and water chanting “Om Shaneshwaraye Namah”. Fasting is observed on this day and Shani Chalisa is read. Shani Tailabhishekam and Shani Shanti Puja are the two most important rituals of this day. These rituals lessen the effect of Shani dosha on one’s horoscope.
It is believed that donating black clothes, black til or sesame, mustard or sesame oil on this day is beneficial. Shani Jayanti also coincides with Vat Savitri Vrat, which falls on Jyeshta Amavasya, and is celebrated in Northern India.
Significance of Shani Amavasya
Lord Shani teaches us the importance of discipline to succeed in life. Having consistency is something that highly beneficial to keep negative influence in check. People perform various pujas to please him. Shani Amavasya/Shani Jayanti is considered the easiest day to appease Lord Shani and take his blessings for having a successful life.
- This favourable day brings in good luck, riches and happiness in one’s life.
- Removes all types of difficulties and the obstacles from the Success Path.
- If one observes Fast (Vrata) on this felicitous day can relish a trouble and hurdle free life.
- It is often suggested to visit Shani temples and Lord Shiva Temples for the betterment.
- Light a lamp of Sesame (til) oil and perform Shani Taila Abisekham on the iron image.
- Please the God by Offering Blue flowers and Sesame Oil.
- Minimizes the impacts of Shani dosha and pitra dosha.
- Recite Shani stotra to pay homage to lord- Shani. Shani mantra for 108 times can bring peace and stillness.
- Perform Shani Graha Puja and Homa for the protection from Doshas.
- It also cleanses once mind, Soul and shields from the- impurities, black magic and the Buri- Nazar Effect (evil eye).
- You should donate clothes to Poverty-stricken to prevent misfortunes and can feed to Dogs, ants, crows to impress Lord Shani.
- Puja to Shani can give relief from all kinds of sufferings caused by Malefic Saturn or Shani and neutralize the bad effects of the planet.
Shani Puja Benefits
Shani is an indicator of misery, longevity, sorrow, old age, death, restriction, discipline, delay, responsibility, authority, humility, wisdom, integrity, and ambition. It is regarded as the planet of darkness, which governs the dark side of human nature. It is seen as both a destroyer and a giver. Worshipping Shani sincerely blesses one with a life sans obstructions, and fulfillment of all wishes.
To connect Devotional and Spiritual people around you, Download Rgyan App Now.