Lord Shiva Puja is easiest among all Hindu puja vidhi and rituals. It is very easy to please Lord Shiva. So, he is called Bholenath. Even if someone offers even a glass of water to the Shivling with the purest heart; he is pleased. Lord Shiva Puja brings peace and harmony at home. Here is the easiest way to do Lord Shiva Puja at Home.
Shiva Puja Vidhi
- Shivalinga should always be given a bath in a copper vessel with water.
- Try to take a bath with Ganges water. If possible, pour a few drops of the Ganges water into the water.
- Make a mixture of milk, curd, ghee, honey, and sugar and then bathe Lord Shiva.
- Now clean the Lord with a clean cloth and then apply sandalwood.
- After this; wear them to Molly, Janeu, clothes, etc.
- Now offer perfume and floral garlands.
- Then offer Bilva leaves, cannabis, Dhatura flower, etc. to the Lord.
- After doing all this, offer white sweets to God by showing incense and lamps.
- Then offer paan, coconut, and Dakshina as well as perform the aarti of Lord Shiva with folded hands in front of the Lord.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivah’ during the Puja process for better results.
- After performing aarti, chant the forgiveness mantra – The miraculous Mahamrityunjaya mantra
Om tryambakan yajaamahe sugandhin pushtivardhanam।
Alavarukamiv bandhanang mrtyormuleey maamrtaat।।
Laghu mahaamrtyunjay mantr- ma joon sah।
Benefits of Shiva Puja
Lord Shiva puja has huge significance in our life. If one can perform shiv puja regular basis and worship him on his favorite festivals or days; then he/she gets the following benefits
- Brings peace and harmony into the house.
- By Lord Shiva puja; you can be blessed with good health and are protected from ailments and deadly diseases.
- It creates positive vibes at home; which keep happiness and unity among family members.
- As Lord Shiva is a great husband; by pleasing him unmarried girls can get a life partner as per their wishes.
- If a couple performs Shiva puja regularly and keeps somvar vrat; then love and affection remains in their relationship.
- Worshipping Lord Shiva; one can move one closer towards the salvation of the soul or Moksha after death.
- Married women do Lord Shiva Puja for the good health and wellbeing of their husbands and children.
Significance of Rudrabhishek
Rudrabhishek is one of the most important rituals of Shiva Puja. Here is the significance of Rudrabhishek;
- If you do Rudrabhishek with cow’s milk; then all your desires will be fulfilled.
- Who has any problem related to their health; they grind the Kush and offer it to Lord Shiva with the Ganges water. And you get rid of the disease.
- If you do Abhishek with desi ghee, then you will also get money.
- And if you do the anointing of Lord Shiva with sugarcane juice, then the problem facing you will be removed.
- Rudrabhishek will be done with honey; all the miseries of life will end.
Best time to Worship Lord Shiva
You can worship the Lord shiva any days of the week. But Mondays are Lord Shiva’s favorite. Any time devotion to Lord Shiva is auspicious. If one worships him with a sincere heart; then he is pleased immediately with his devotees. Among all somvar; Shravan somvar vrat is most auspicious for Shiva Puja. By keeping 16 Somvar vrat; unmarried girls get the desired life partner.
Festivals for Shiva Puja
Maha Shivratri is considered the best day to worship Lord Shiva. According to the scriptures, Goddess Lakshmi, Indrani, Saraswati, Gayatri, Savitri, Sita, Parvati, and Rati also observed the fast of Shivaratri. Apart from Shivratri; here is some of the major festivals and vrats for Lord Shiva Puja.
- Maha Shivaratri (Magha Krishna Paksha Chaturdashi)
- Uma Maheshwar Vrat (Bhadrapada Purnima)
- Shravan Maas (Entire month is dedicated to Lord Shiva; especially Shravan Somvar)
- Kartik Purnima (Kartik Shukla Paksha Purnima)
- Bhairava Ashtami (Kartik Krishna Paksha Ashtami)
- Arudra Darshanam (Agrayan Shukla Paksha, when headed by Arudra Nakshatra)
- Masik Shivratri
Join today a new spiritual social network: Download Rgyan App Now