Hindu folk tales have interesting facts to disclose to the world with respect to innumerable famous Hindu Temples; thus Mythology is uncovering some unparalleled ancient realities this time with respect to the most popular Lord Shiva pilgrimage- Baba Kashi Vishwanath ji, residing on the River Ganges coast. Let’s get in dipper to know the unrevealed secrets of the grand Jyotirlinga and one of famous Hindu temples across India- Kashi Vishwanath.
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple is one of twelve Jyotirlingas and has a great importance in Hinduism. This notable Hindu Temple- Kashi Vishwanath is nestled in Varanasi in the Indian states of Uttar Pradesh, India since many thousands years and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is considered very auspicious to take a dip into the River Ganges’s holiest water near Kashi Vishwanath to get rid of all the wrong doings and to wash away your sins.
- The great personalities of bygone days, such as- Adi Shankaracharya, Sanat Eknath Ramkrishna Paramahansa, Swami Vivekananda, Maharshi Dayanand, and Goswami Tulsidas visited this noteworthy temple- Kashi Vishwanath to gain Moksa and Mukti to get away from all the worldly pleasures and have been warmly welcomed by the local priests inside the main vicinity of Kashi Vishwanath at that time.
- The prominent Saint Eknath completed his great book of the Warkari community- Shri Ekanathi Bhagwata by sitting long for many years in the serene premises of this temple- Kashi Vishwanath. Later on, Kashi Naresh and his sc
- During the propitious occasion of Mahashivaratri, magnificent Shobha Yatra (huge sacred carcade) from other main temples of the city-Varanasi is taken out as a holy procession on a beautifully decorated chariot towards the temple of Kashi Vishwanath with drum, nagade and much more.
- The name given to the main idol of Lord Shiva, installed in the inner sanctum-sanctorum of Kashi Vishwanath temple is- Vishwanath, which splendidly means the Ruler of the Universe. It is also believed that if you visit this prestigious temple- Kashi Vishwanath once in your life then the chances of attaining salvation would be increased.
- The pre-eminent Manicharnika Ghat, positioned on the banks of River Ganges, very close to Kashi Vishwanath temple is also known as Shakti Peetha where people worship Lord Shiva to get energy, potency strength and his ultimate Aura from well known Jyotirlinga. It is also said that after the death of his consort-Goddess Sati, Lord Shiva arrived Kashi Vishwanath from Manikarnika.
Jyotirlinga Temple of Baba Kashi Vishwanath
According to primeval sources, Shiva has 64 types and all the twelve Jyotirlingas have excelled different names. However, in all these Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva, each one has specific and inimitable linga which reflects its infinite form in one way or other. Lord Shiva’s twelve Jyotirlingas are: Somnath of Gujarat, Mallikarjuna of Andhra Pradesh, Mahakaleshwar of Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh, Omkareshwar again of Madhya Pradesh, Kedarnath of Himalayas, Bhimashankar of Maharashtra, Kashi Vishwanath of Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, Trimbakeshwar of Maharashtra, Vaidyanath Jyotirlinga, Devgarh of Deogarh, Jharkhand , Nageshwar of Dwarka in Gujarat, Rameshwar of Rameswaram in Tamilnadu and Aurangabad’s Grishneshwar in Maharashtra.
“भुववाराणसीतु भुवनत्रया सारभूत
रम्या नृनाम सुगतिदाखिल सेव्यामना
अत्रगाता विविधा दुष्कृतकारिणोपि
पापाक्ष्ये वृजासहा सुमनाप्रकाशश”