Shirdi Sai Prasadalaya has grabbed national and international awards for using science in the best possible way in collaboration with spiritualism to serve a strong social cause. His prasadalay has been termed as the World’s Largest Solar-Powered Free Food Kitchen. You would be amazed to know these facts and figures!
“A kitchen inspired by the 19th Century upgraded with 21st-century technology”
We all know the great superhuman – ‘Shirdi Sai Baba’. He was a Godly person who had extraordinary spiritual powers. He used to be very caring and dedicated his life towards serving mankind. People used to go to him for healing their diseases and pains, ask for solutions to their sorrow and sufferings. The unbelievable part of his entire life was his sacrifice for others. He himself never had a home to stay, nor had food to eat; rather moved around from place to place begging for his livelihood. But, made many people regain back their happiness and pleasure.
With due course of time, people worshiped him as a God and he had many followers. Even after his death, some noble souls came together to preach his way of life and opened an organization for the poor and needy. One among all these beautiful creations is the great ‘SAI BABA PRASADALAYA’.
Sri Sai Sansthan Prasadalaya is a free kitchen in Shirdi, Maharashtra. It is spread across 4 rooftops with 73 solar dishes, making it the largest solar-powered kitchen in India. The solar dishes fuel the preparation of nearly 50,000 meals each day and the concentrated heat from all the dishes creates 2800 kgs of steam in a single say! These dishes concentrate sunlight on receivers that contain water, generating steam that is piped down to the kitchen for cooking the meals. More than 2 tonnes of rice is cooked through this plant every day, saving cooking gas of up to Rs 20,000. Till date, the plant has saved Rs 60 lakh for the trust. As per the ministry of non-conventional energy sources, New Delhi, this has been identified as the world’s largest solar heating cooking system. It has also bagged the coveted Concentrated Solar Thermal (CST) and Solar Cooker Excellence Awards- 2016. This solar kitchen has saved Rs 60 Lakh gas bill of the trust till now.
Advanced Science used in the temple to serve the needy – a perfect example of humanity!
- 73 Solar panels of 16 sq ft each are installed which provide steam for all the cooking in the Sai Prasadalaya.
- LPG Gas project is instructed with the capacity of 20 tone Thermal Fluid Heating System, which is used for making the Prasad ladoo’s, due to which 30% gas is saved.
- For the arrangement of pure drinking water to devotees R.O. Plant having capacity of 2500 liter/hour is implemented.
- For dishwashing two imported dishwashing machines are used.
- For cutting of vegetables two imported machines are used.
- To wash the rice, vegetables, legume’s three imported machines are used.
- For grinding flour online mill unit is sated up.
- For cooking rice steam cooker is used.
- The readymade material of flour, spices, turmeric, coriander powder etc are not used. They are made through pulverizing or grinding machines using raw materials.
- The cold storage facility is available for vegetables & dry foods.
What wonder can spiritualism do? Sai Prasadalaya was the most satisfying answer to the question. Get inspired by the God of donation and follow his paths to make this world a much better place to stay in. Let’s join hands together and oath to make humanity the greatest religion.
Read More: Heart Touching Miracles By Shirdi Sai Baba