Tulsidas Jayanti 2021: Celebrating 524th Birth Anniversary of the Great Poet Tulsidas
Tulsidas, famous as- Goswami Tulsidas remained alive in between 1497-1623 C.E. (dates are not confirmed) Tulsidas was a prominent Hindu poet who wrote epic- Ramcharitmanas in the illustrious Awadhi Language which in Hindu-culture is famed as- Tulsidas Ramayana. This great author (Tulsidas) took birth on the seventh day (saptami) of the waxing moon (shukl paksh)Shravana maas at Rajapur in the Indian states of Uttar Pradesh (India), as stated in Hindu Lunar Calendar. Hence, Tulsidas Jayanti is marked as the birth-anniversary of the Great Poet-Tulsidas.
In 2021, it will fall on- 15th of August (Sunday) and thus celebrated as the Birthday of the Indian eminent Poet (author)-Tulsidas among Indians with intense gusto every year.
Tulsidas Jayanti – Muhurat Timings:
Saptami Tithi Begins – 10:20 AM on Aug 14, 2021
Saptami Tithi Ends – 08:21 AM on Aug 15, 2021
Tulsidas Jayanti – Unheard facts about Tulsidas:
- Being one of the passionate devotees of Lord Rama, Tulsidas wrote his Ramayana in Awadhi Language and later on acclaimed as- Tulsidas Ramcharitmanas.
- In Indian culture, Tulsidas is exalted as a personification of Maharishi Valmiki (the famous poet who wrote Ramayana)
- In Varanasi, the most popular- Tulsi Ghat on the banks of the River-Ganges got the name after Tulsidas Ramayana as he dwelled his golden days in Varanasi- City of Ghat.
- Tulsidas was from a Brahmin family; he woefully became an orphan in an instant. Hence a prestigious saint- Narharidas. nurtured and cared him while he was growing.
- Being the most prestigious Hindu poet-sage, he inscribed The Ramcharitmanas (Ramayana in Sanskrit) and delineated it in an Awadhi language to the world- RAMAYANA TULSIDAS.
- History says: the prominent Tulsidas was a contemporary of Emperor Akbar.
- Being the composer of Hanuman Chalisa, the well-known-Sankatmochan Temple of Lord Hanumana was established by
- Tulsidas Ramayana has won a lot of hearts and eventually, it became the most celebrated Indian ancient write-ups.
- He is the one who introduced the famous mantra “Ram-Nam”.
- On his birthday (Jayanti), a trend of reciting Tulsi Dohawali and Ramcharitmanas is still followed. Some People find Moksha and attain salvation on this special day; some keep fast and do charities on his name by visiting Lord Rama, Lord Hanumana and Tulsidas Temples.
It is always said that, reciting mantras on auspicious days have defined time and Muhurats. If you are looking for specific muhurat for Tulsidas Jayanti, Do contact Jyotirvid for the Best Muhurat (time).