According to traditional beliefs in India, nothing should be eaten and drunk during Surya Grahan. What is the effect of what we eat during a Surya Grahan (solar eclipse) and what things we not to do during Surya Grahan? Let us know on the list below.
Dos and Don’ts of Surya Grahan
- Don’t Consume Grain: Cereals and cereals such as flour, matta, black lentils are very difficult to digest because these things are changing during Grahan, so it becomes very difficult for our body to digest these things as well as it is very painful. Therefore, do not consume fraying grains and serials at all.
- Stay Away From Oily Food: Foods that increase the temperature of our body, which you find very difficult to digest; should not be consumed during Grahan. It may create problems related to digestion and many diseases. So, stay away from deep-fried and oily food.
- Don’t Consume Nonveg Food: Non-vegetarian food helps to increase body temperature because it contains the highest amount of protein and makes it very difficult for the body to digest it. And those who are already ill should stay away from eggs and meat during Surya Grahan.
- Don’t Drink Water: By the way, drinking water is also forbidden during Surya Grahan. But if you are feeling thirsty then you can drink water and do not drink at all if it has been kept uncovered for a long time. Due to the cosmic change due to Grahan, there is also a reaction in the water. So drink only if the water is covered.
- Stay at Home: Do not leave the house during the Grahan and do not try to watch the Grahan with naked eyes. One should not do auspicious or new work on this day.
- Pregnant woman: Pregnant women should be most careful during Surya Grahan. It is believed that the negative energy released during Grahan; which is harmful to the fetus. Therefore, pregnant women to take special precautions during the sun or lunar eclipse. There is also a belief among pregnant women that sharp objects like knives, scissors, and needles should not be used during the Grahan. They should not chop, sew, or drink some vegetables. This causes the child to have physical defects.
- Self-care: Do not apply oil at the time of Grahan. Avoid Making hairstyles, sexual intercourse, brushing, cloth undermining, unlocking, and etc. Leaves, wood, and flowers should not be broken during the Grahan.
You may like: Indian Festival Calendar 2020
Surya Grahan 2020
In the year 2020, there will be two solar eclipses.
First Surya Grahan 2020: The first solar eclipse will occur on Sunday, June 21. This will visible in America, Eastern Europe, Southern Europe, and Africa including India.
Second Surya Grahan 2020: The second and final solar eclipse of the year 2020 will be held on Monday, 14 December. This solar eclipse will not be seen in India. It will visible in areas of the Pacific Ocean.