The day having so many mythological significances and being one of the major days to be extremely auspicious is very famous for the purchase of Gold jewelry. In India people flood to showrooms and the buying of Gold ornaments increases drastically on that day. Akshaya Tritiya falls on the third Tithi or lunar day of Shukla Paksha or bright half of the pan-Indian month of Vaisakha. This falls every year in the month of April or May. Buying gold is not the only thing people specifically do on this day, rather they also make other major investments and conduct auspicious rituals or traditions as well. Following the popular belief, Akshaya Tritiya 2020 will also be a lucky day for new ventures, initiatives, marriage, homecoming and any major event of life. This year it is even more auspicious as it falls in conjunction with Rohini Nakshatra.
Auspicious Timing To Buy Gold On Akshaya Tritiya
Akshaya Tritiya Gold Purchase on Saturday, April 25, 2020
Akshaya Tritiya Gold Purchase Timings – 11:51 AM to 05:45 AM, Apr 26
Duration – 17 Hours 53 Mins
Afternoon Muhurat (Chara, Labha, Amrita) – 12:19 PM to 05:14 PM
Evening Muhurat (Labha) – 06:53 PM to 08:14 PM
Night Muhurat (Shubha, Amrita, Chara) – 09:36 PM to 01:40 AM, Apr 26
Early Morning Muhurat (Labha) – 04:23 AM to 05:45 AM, Apr 26
You may like: Must Do Puja Vidhi and Rituals Of Akshaya Tritiya
Why you should buy gold in Akshaya Tritiya
The word Akshaya depicts never diminishing or never ending and hence Gold is considered to be one such material existence which will never diminish. According to the astrology as well as the tradition, if one invests in gold on this day he is besieged with an abundance of prosperity and wealth. If we go deep into the roots of our fascinating Hindu mythology, then we can definitely trace the sources of this gold possession on Akshaya Tritiya.
- The Lord of wealth, God Kubera is believed to have been appointed by Lord Shiva as the banker of Gods on this very day, thus people worship gold and silver in the form of wealth on Akshaya Tritiya. Lord Kubera was an ardent follower of Goddess Lakshmi and this is why he was rewarded with this extraordinary power.
- According to Hindu community, this day is a special day for marriages in India. The girl or boy, whose marriage was not happening due to some reason, they can marry on this day without looking any mahurat or time. The whole day of Akshay Tritiya is known to be auspicious.
- Goddess Lakshmi is depicted as the Goddess of wealth and the first element that we always associate with Goddess Laxmi is gold, and that is why the day of Akshaya Tritiya which worships this Goddess celebrates Gold. By buying Gold it is said that you contribute to the growth of your wealth and hence receive the blessing from the Goddess.
- “Akshaya” means never ending or eternal. When Pandavas were in exile they received an “Akshaya Tritiya” bowl from a sage. That bowl yielded unlimited food and never turned empty. So, fruits of this day are self-replenishing and hence is Gold. The importance of Gold is hence quite high in Akshaya Tritiya.
- Annapurna, the Goddess of food, was born on this day. She is a special form of Parvati who feeds the hungry. Once, Shiva disguised himself as a beggar and approached Annapurna for food. On the Akshaya Tritiya day, she fed Lord Shiva himself. Why should Shiva beg when He is the lord of the Universe? Shiva’s begging is a symbolic act – he begs for all his devotee’s prosperity.
You may like: Importance and significance of Akshaya Tritiya
Mantra For Akshaya Tritiya
ममाखिलपापक्षयपूर्वक सकल शुभ फल प्राप्तये
भगवत्प्रीतिकामनया देवत्रयपूजनमहं करिष्ये।
The happening of all these mythological incidents in this one day makes it a very auspicious time in itself. Hence, conducting Subh Karyas or purchasing Gold cannot have a better day than this.