Sunrise at 05:43
Sunset at 16:57
The word ‘Nahaya’ refers to bath and ‘khaya’ refers to eating.
- People first brush their teeth with mango twigs.
- Then they go to a holy water body like river Ganga and take a bath.
- Some of the holy water is brought home.
- With that water, Prasad for Lord Surya is prepared.
- In the entire day people eat only before Surya udaya in the morning.
- After having food water is consumed only once.
- This fast is observed for 36 hours from then.
- The fast does not even permit water hence is known as ‘Nirjal’.