!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->
Diwali or Deepawali is celebrated on Thursday, 04 November 2021. On the auspicious day of Diwali, several pujas are performed; such as Lakshmi Puja, Diwali Puja, Kedar Gauri Vrat, Chopda Puja, Sharda Puja, Bengal Kali Puja, Diwali Snan, and Diwali Devpuja among Hindu devotees. Deepawali arrived from the word “deep” and “avali” means a row or line of diyas. This light and bright festival are celebrated not only in India but also in some other neighboring countries such as Nepal, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Mauritius, Suriname, Trinidad, and South Africa.
• According to Hindu Mythology, it is believed that Diwali is a celebration of welcoming Lord Rama after defeating Ravana. Lord Rama came back to Ayodhya along with Lord Laxman and Goddess Sita from 14 years of exile. The people welcome Lord Rama by lighting lots of earthen lamps on the ways.
• Diwali is also celebrated in the Jain religion to solemnize the great Mahavir Swami's salvation or Nirvana.
• Diwali is also observed by the Arya Samajwadi as the death anniversary of Mahavira Swami.
• This is venerated to pay homage to Pandavas' expulsion of 12 years along with 1 year of ignorance (i.e. hiding in the forest).
• According to the Hindu calendar, Marwadi celebrates their new year on Diwali (the last day of Ashwin month of Krishna Paksha).
also celebrates his New Year a day after Diwali, according to Chandra Calendar
(the first day of the Shukla party in Kartik month).
• It is mandatory to clean the house, offices, and other premises for Lakshmi puja.
• Make Rangolis on the main entrance on both sides of the door or in the corridor.
• Purchase new clothes, jewelry, utensil, and other new household items.
• Prepare sweetmeats, vegetarian cuisines, and traditional homemade dishes for Prasad and bhoga.
• Adorn deities of your temple home after making them a bath with holy water-Ganga Jal.
• Pour oil and ghee in earthen lamps to light those Diyas in the nighttime after the puja ceremony.
• Decorating homes with sparkling electric lamps and vivacious lights are also in trend.
• Visiting relatives, family friends and distributing sweets, dry fruits, and gifts to them.