The day having so many mythological significances and being one of the major days to be extremely auspicious is very famous for the purchase of Gold jewelry. In India, people flood showrooms, and the buying of Gold ornaments increases drastically on that day. Akshaya Tritiya falls on the third Tithi or lunar day of Shukla Paksha or the bright half of the pan-Indian month of Baisakhi. This falls every year in the month of April or May. Buying gold is not the only thing people specifically do on this day, rather they also make other major investments and conduct auspicious rituals or traditions as well. Following popular belief, Akshaya Tritiya is also a lucky day for new ventures, initiatives, marriage, homecoming, and any major event of life.
Auspicious time to buy Gold
Akshaya Tritiya 2022 - Tuesday, 03 May 2022
Gold Purchase Timings - 05:18 AM to 05:39 AM, 03 May
Duration - 00 Hours 21 Mins
The word Akshaya depicts never diminishing or never-ending and hence Gold is considered to be one such material existence that will never diminish. According to astrology as well as the tradition, if one invests in gold on this day he is besieged with an abundance of prosperity and wealth. If we go deep into the roots of our fascinating Hindu mythology, then we can definitely trace the sources of this gold possession on Akshaya Tritiya.
· The Lord of wealth, God Kubera is believed to have been appointed by Lord Shiva as the banker of Gods on this very day, thus people worship gold and silver in the form of wealth on Akshaya Tritiya. Lord Kubera was an ardent follower of Goddess Lakshmi and this is why he was rewarded with this extraordinary power.
· According to the Hindu community, this day is a special day for marriages in India. The girl or boy, whose marriage was not happening due to some reason, can marry on this day without looking at any mahurat or time. The whole day of Akshay Tritiya is known to be auspicious.
· Goddess Lakshmi is depicted as the Goddess of wealth and the first element that we always associate with Goddess Laxmi is gold, and that is why the day of Akshaya Tritiya worships this Goddess celebrates Gold. By buying Gold it is said that you contribute to the growth of your wealth and hence receive the blessing from the Goddess.
· “Akshaya” means never-ending or eternal. When Pandavas were in exile they received an “Akshaya Tritiya” bowl from a sage. That bowl yielded unlimited food and never turned empty. So, the fruits of this day are self-replenishing and hence is Gold. The importance of Gold is hence quite high in Akshaya Tritiya.
· Annapurna, the Goddess of food, was born on this day. She is a special form of Parvati who feeds the hungry. Once, Shiva disguised himself as a beggar and approached Annapurna for food. On the Akshaya Tritiya day, she fed Lord Shiva himself. Why should Does Shiva beg when He is the lord of the Universe? Shiva’s begging is a symbolic act – he begs for all his devotee’s prosperity.
Mantra For Akshaya Tritiya
ममाखिलपापक्षयपूर्वक सकल शुभ फल प्राप्तये
भगवत्प्रीतिकामनया देवत्रयपूजनमहं करिष्ये।