Kartik Purnima is a Hindu Festival, dedicated to Lord Shiva (and Lord Vishnu) which is observed on the last day of ‘Kartik Month’. It falls on the full moon day of fifteenth lunar day of Shukla Paksha. Popular as ‘Deva Diwali’ and ‘Tripuri Purnima in other parts of the country among devotees. This year in 2018, Kartik Purnima will be glorified on the Friday- 23rd November.
Kartika Purnima Puja Timings:
Purnima Tithi Begins = 18:23 (on 22/Nov/2018)
Purnima Tithi Ends = 16:39 on 23/Nov/2018
Importance of Kartik Purnima and its sacred ceremonies:
• Gifting gold and silver jewelries (items) to obtain financial stability.
• On this divine day, Tourists come across different parts of the country to riversides merely to feed fishes, birds and small insects for gaining peace and Moksha
• For venerating Lord Shiva, devotees follow basic rituals to perform sacred puja on suitable Shubh Muhurat.
• Admirers organize beautiful processions by carrying Lord ‘Shiva’ idols for immersing them in holy water.
• According to Hindu textures, this festivity is considered to wash away all the wrong-doings, sins and negativity by receiving a blessing from ancestors.
• Priests, Saints, Brahmins and Pandits travel in avividly adorned boats covered with many holy things such as- Tulsi, Amla plants to celebrate triumph.
• This notable public observance is commemorated as the Birthday of Guru Nanak Sahab in History.
• Many people get involved in giving donation, organsing pandals to provide free food (ann-daan) in religious places, temples etc. and charity to poverty stricken people.
• Devotees observe fast on this day and take a bathe in the holy rivers before sunrise to please gods.
• On this festival, people also venerate Lord Kartikeya and Goddess Tulsi as this day Tulsi Vivah was also happened in Hindu culture.
• In ‘Pushkar’ (Rajasthan) a very prominent Mela is managed to celebrate this holy fest every year.
Worshippers gather together to celebrate this festival on the religious River Ghats to take a ritual dip, before sunrise to attain happiness, health and wealth.