The 2nd of Chhath puja is known as Kharna. On Kharna, devotees observe Vrat for a time period of almost 8 to 12 hours. On this day devotees keeps fast for whole day and break their fast in the evening after sunset after the worship of Sun. People terminate the fast during evening after performing Surya Puja. They offer Rasiao-kheer, puris, fruits in the puja.
This year Chhath puja day 2 Lohanda and Kharna falls on Friday, 1 November.
Lohanda and Kharna Rituals
- The fasting continues this day till it completes 36 Hours.
- In the evening Chati Maiyya is worshipped.
- The Prasad from the puja is consumed to break the fast.
- The Prasad prepared is usually Puri and Gud ka Kheer.
- Salt is not at all consumed on this day.
Chhath Puja Dates: When is Chhath Puja?
Chhath Puja Day 1: Nahay-Khay - Thursday, 31 October 2019
Chhath Puja Day 3: Sandhya Arghya - Saturday, 2 November 2019
Chhath Puja Day 4: Usha Argh and Paran - Sunday, 3 November 2019