|Masik Durgashtami is a one-of-a-kind Goddess Durga’s festival celebrated almost every month to get blessings of the divinity - observed on the Ashtami tithi of Shukla Paksha.|
|Also called||Durga Ashtami|
|Observances||Fasting, Vrat, Puja, and Prayers|
|2021 Dates||Thursday, 21 January|
|Saturday, 20 February|
|Monday, 22 March|
|Tuesday, 20 April|
|Thursday, 20 May|
|Friday, 18 June|
|Saturday, 17 July|
|Sunday, 15 August|
|Tuesday, 14 September|
|Wednesday, 13 October|
|Thursday, 11 November|
|Saturday, 11 December|
Masik Durgashtami is a one of a kind Goddess Durga’s festival celebrated almost every month to get blessings of the divinity. It is considered as a very propitious holy observance to witness the power of NavDurga who is known to be the most vigorous Goddess in Hinduism. Masik Durgashtami is famous as Durga Ashtami or Maas Durgashtami (Monthly Durgashtami). It is observed on the eighth day of Shukla Paksha, Ashtami Tithi, as per the Hindu calendar. Every month, avid followers of mother Durga observes ritualistic fast by morning till evening and prays with their all hearts. Maha Ashtami that is observed in Ashwin month during the divine nine days of Shardiya Navratri festivities is considered as the most quintessence Asthami even among all the Hindu festivals.
On Masik Durgshtami, Goddess Durga is embellished with a red dress and has been adorned with solah shringar before puja.
1. Being one of the holiest days for the mother- Durga’s worshippers, it displays the women’s empowerment and strength as she has been established to reveal power-shakti.
2. It is advised that Hindus should keep fast for the whole day on the holy observance of Maas Durgasthami every month to get maximum fruitful benefits.
3. It is celebrated to overcome evil over good and negative over positive.
4. Mother Shakti is said to be the Godhead of the Power and strength, therefore fasting on Masik Durgashtami gives mental peace and potential to confront every complications and hindrances.
5. It is also believed that, on this favorable day, the one who undergoes uttermost strict fast with full dedication gets the desired results and boons in bulk from Goddess Durga.
6. Fasting on this day discards all bad wickedness and wrongdoings from your life.
7. It refines personal relationship, self-confidence, and harmony, and shields from disease.
8. On the day of Masik Durgasthami, Puja Rituals of this festival are performed and conducted in the accordance with a priest or a Pandit.