The 2nd day of Navratri is observed in the Dwitya tithi of Ashwin. This day is dedicated to worship of Goddess Brahmacharini - the 2nd form of NavaDurga. She gives eternal bliss by knowledge of Supreme Self. Brahmacharini is also known as Tapascharini, Aparna and Uma. This year navratri day 2 falls on Monday, 30 September.
– Favorite flower: Chrysanthemum flower
– Color of the Day: White
– Mantra: 'Om Devi Brahmacharinyai Nama'
– Worship Date: 2nd day of Navratri (Dwitiya Tithi)
– Ruling Planet: Mars (Mangal) - The provider of all fortunes
Goddess Parvati took birth at the home of Daksha Prajapati in the form ofthe great Sati. Her unmarried form is worshipped as Goddess Brahmacharini. She is signified as the lady who practiced the toughest penance and hard austerity due to which she is named Brahmacharni. Hibiscus and lotus flowers are used to garland the Goddess. The deity of the Goddess holds a mala in her right hand and kamandal in her left. She is always represented bare footed.
Maa Brahmacharini puja ritual is practiced in the 2nd day of Navratri in the DwityaTithi. In 2019, Brahmacharini puja falls on Monday, 30 September. In the worship of Maa Brahmacharini, offer flowers, Akshat, Roli, sandalwood etc. to the mother. Bath Maa Brahmacharini with milk, curd, melted butter, honey and sugar. Then offer dessert made of pistachios. After this, offer paan, betel nut, cloves. It is said that the devotees who worship mother always remain calm and happy in life. They do not have any kind of fear.
- Atma Pooja: Puja done for self-purification
- Tilak and Aachman: Put tilak on forehead and drink holy water from palms.
- Sankalpa: Taking water in hand and making a wish in front of the Goddess.
- Aavahana and Aasan: Offer flowers
- Paadhya: Offer water to the Devi’s charan.
- Aachman: Offer kapoor (camphor) mixed water.
- DugdhaSnan: Offer cow milk for bathing
- Ghrita and Madhusnan: Offer ghee and honey for bathing
- Sharkara and Panchamritsnan: Offer sugar and the panchaamrita bathing.
- Vastra: Offer sari or cloth to wear.
- Chandan: Put Sandalwood tilak on the deity.
Kumkum, Kajal, Druvapatra and Bilwapatra, Dhoopa and Deepam
On the 2nd day of Navaratri, Maa Brahmacharini is worshipped. The form of Goddess Brahmacharini signifies love, loyalty, wisdom, and knowledge. The facade of Maa Brahmacharini symbolizes simplicity. She holds a rosary in one hand and a Kamandal in other. Maa Brahmacharini, the word “Brahm” refers to Tapa and her name means -the one who performs Tapa. Going by the story, she was born to Himalaya. Devrishi Narada influenced her thoughts and as a result, she practiced tough tapa or penances as she was determined to obtain Lord Shiva.
Goddess Brahmacharini is believed to bestow her devotees with wisdom and knowledge. Her puja gives good fortune and remove all the obstacles from our life. Worship Maa Brahmacharini on the second day of Navratri and clear the hurdles to your progress.
ya devee sarvabhooteshu brahmachaarinee roopen sansthita.
namastasyai namastasyai namastasyai namo nam:
devee praseedatu mayi brahmachaarinyanuttama.
जय अंबे ब्रह्माचारिणी माता।
जय चतुरानन प्रिय सुख दाता।
ब्रह्मा जी के मन भाती हो।
ज्ञान सभी को सिखलाती हो।
ब्रह्मा मंत्र है जाप तुम्हारा।
जिसको जपे सकल संसारा।
जय गायत्री वेद की माता।
जो मन निस दिन तुम्हें ध्याता।
कमी कोई रहने न पाए।
कोई भी दुख सहने न पाए।
उसकी विरति रहे ठिकाने।
जो तेरी महिमा को जाने।
रुद्राक्ष की माला ले कर।
जपे जो मंत्र श्रद्धा दे कर।
आलस छोड़ करे गुणगाना।
मां तुम उसको सुख पहुंचाना।
ब्रह्माचारिणी तेरो नाम।
पूर्ण करो सब मेरे काम।
भक्त तेरे चरणों का पुजारी।
रखना लाज मेरी महतारी।