The 3rd day of Navratri is dedicated to a specific form of the Goddess Adi Shakti. On this day the Chandraghanta avatar of NavaDurga is worshiped. Chandraghanta Devi is called the Goddess of spiritual and internal power. In 2020, Chaitra Navratri day 3 (Tritiya) falls on Friday, 27 March and Shardiya Navratri Tritiya falls on Monday, 19 October 2020.
– Favorite flower: Lotus
– Color of the Day: Red
– Deity: Goddess Chandraghanta
– Mantra: 'Om Devi Chandraghantayai Namah'
– Worship Date: 3rd day of Navratri (Tritiya tithi)
– Ruling Planet: Venus (Shukra)
– Day 3 Magha Gupta Navratri: Monday, 27 January 2020
– Day 3 Chaitra Navratri: Friday, 27 March 2020
– Day 3 Ashadha Gupta Navratri: Wednesday, 24 June 2020
– Day 3 Shardiya Navratri: Monday, 19 October 2020
Goddess Parvati is the wife to the almighty Lord Shiva. After a marriage, Lord Shiva adorned the Goddesses forehead with a Chandra made from chandan. This is the reason due to which she is known as Chandraghanta.
It is believed that she removes the problems and little demons of life. She has ten arms and three eyes, with Shiva’s crescent moon on her forehead. She has golden complexion and is ready for war. She wears a mala of bells which terrifies demons, as they attempt the silencing of bells, of articulation. She rides a tiger and protects her devotees, gives peace and bestows ultimate good. She holds a Gong (big bell) and adorned with half moon on the head.
Chandraghanta Puja is performed on the Navratri Tritiya Tithi. Purify with Ganga Jal or Gaumutr. Do Kalash sthapna by placing coconut on the water-filled pot of Silver, Copper or Earth. Now, take the Sankalpa for Puja and do shodopchar puja of Maa Chandraghanta. Then offer all relevant pujan samagri to all the deities. Finally do Aarti and distribute Prasad. Appease Maa Chandraghanta with Milk and milk products. This appeases Maa Chandraghanta and she removes all obstacles.
- Atma Pooja: Puja done for self-purification
- Tilak and Aachman: Put tilak on forehead and drink holy water from palms.
- Sankalpa: Taking water in hand and making a wish in front of the Goddess.
- Aavahana and Aasan: Offer flowers
- Paadhya: Offer water to the Devi’s charan.
- Aachman: Offer kapoor (camphor) mixed water.
- DugdhaSnan: Offer cow milk for bathing
- Ghrita and Madhusnan: Offer ghee and honey for bathing
- Sharkara and Panchamritsnan: Offer sugar and the panchaamrita bathing.
- Vastra: Offer sari or cloth to wear.
- Chandan: Put Sandalwood tilak on the deity.
- Kumkum, Kajal, Druvapatra and Bilwapatra, Dhoopa and Deepam
With the grace of Chandraghanta Devi, devotees have a vision of supernatural objects. Divine fragrances are experienced and many types of sounds are heard. Mother always keeps her devotees away from all obstacles and provides happiness in life.
Must read: Navratri mantras for all nine days
Om Aim Hreem Chandraghantay Namah ||
Om Devi Chandraghantayayi Namah(108 times)
Pindaj Pravaarudhchandkopastrkairyuta |
Prasadam Tanute Madhyam Chandraghantetivishrutaa ||
जय माँ चन्द्रघण्टा सुख धाम। पूर्ण कीजो मेरे काम॥
चन्द्र समाज तू शीतल दाती। चन्द्र तेज किरणों में समाती॥
मन की मालक मन भाती हो। चन्द्रघण्टा तुम वर दाती हो॥
सुन्दर भाव को लाने वाली। हर संकट में बचाने वाली॥
हर बुधवार को तुझे ध्याये। श्रद्दा सहित तो विनय सुनाए॥
मूर्ति चन्द्र आकार बनाए। शीश झुका कहे मन की बाता॥
पूर्ण आस करो जगत दाता। कांचीपुर स्थान तुम्हारा॥
कर्नाटिका में मान तुम्हारा। नाम तेरा रटू महारानी॥
भक्त की रक्षा करो भवानी।