It's very special. Thanks.
!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->
Navratri Day 8 is dedicated to the worship of Goddess Mahagauri and Kanya puja. This day is also called Maha Ashtami & Durga Ashtami. In 2021, Shardiya Navratri Day 8 (Maha Ashtami) falls on Wednesday, 13 October. Goddess Mahagauri is known as the 8th and most beautiful form of NavaDurga. Sandhi Puja is also observed in many regions of India. It is believed that she is the most beautiful and glows very brightly. That’s the reason her name is Gauri. She is the Goddess who denotes peace and endurance. It is said that worshiping her on Maha Ashtami will clean the devotee's heart and make him pious.
You should know: Shardiya Navratri 2021 Dates
|Shardiya Navratri 2021 Day 8|
|Also called||Maha Ashtami, Durga Ashtami|
|Date||Wednesday, 13 October|
|Tithi||Ashwin Sukla Paksha Ashtami|
|Puja||Mahagauri Puja, Kanya puja|
|Mantra||'Om Devi Mahagauryai Namah'|
|Flower||Night-blooming jasmine, mogra|
2021 All Navratris Day 8 Dates
– Day 8 Magha Gupta Navratri: Saturday, 20 February 2021
– Day 8 Chaitra Navratri: Tuesday, 20 April 2021
– Day 8 Ashadha Gupta Navratri: Sunday, 18 July 2021
– Day 8 Shardiya Navratri: Wednesday, 13 October 2021
It is said that Goddess Shailputri who became Goddess Parvati after marrying the almighty Lord Shiva, had obtained Lord Shiva as her husband after hard penance. During the days of hard penance, she had turned black and dull. When Lord Shiva got impressed by her love and sacrifice he washed her with pure Ganga water. This turned her white and glow like a pearl. After this reformation, the Goddess was named Mahagauri.
This avatar is named Gauri because of its complexion. She has a mesmerizing and spellbound whitish skin tone. She wears white clothes and hence is also known as Shwetambardhara. Her deity is represented with four arms. She carries Trishul in one right hand and the second right hand is in Abhaya Mudra. She holds a Damaru in one left hand and the other left hand is in Varada Mudra. She rides a bull and hence is also known as Vrisharudha.
Maha Ashtami is a day that is also considered to be one of the major rituals day in many parts of the country. Certain rituals on this particular day are said to be very powerful. The festival begins with Mahasnan and Shodashopachar Puja which is quite similar to Maha Saptami Puja.Sandhi Puja
On this day, Sandhi Puja begins when Ashtami Tithi ends and Navami Tithi starts. In some regions, people consider that giving blood to the Goddess would solace her and hence make her cool. So, people perform a ritual known as Bali. Usually, goats are taken in front of the goddess and beheaded. The blood is then given as an offering. On the same day, the light 108 earthen lamps during Sandhi Kaal. It is said that Goddess Kali appeared from the forehead of Maa Durga on this auspicious day. Temples conduct special puja on those days.Mahagauri Puja
Devotees install nine earthen pots and invoke the Goddess image in them. Nine forms of Durga are been worshipped during Maha Ashtami Puja and some young unmarried girls are treated like goddesses. This ritual is known as Kanya Puja and performing this ritual on a single day during Durga Puja is preferred on Maha Ashtami. Navami Homa is the most important ritual during Durga Puja and devotees perform Homa at the end of Navami Puja.
- Begin the worship by wearing yellow clothes.
- Burn the lamps in front of the mother and meditate on them.
- Offer worship to the mother in white or yellow flowers. After that, chant their mantras.
- If worship is done at the midnight, then its results will be more auspicious.
- Worship maa in white clothes. Offer white flowers and white dessert to the Maa Mahagauri.
- Also offer perfume. First chant the Maa Mahagauri mantra. Then chant the original mantra of "Shun Shukrai Namah" of Venus. Keep your perfume presented to the goddess and keep using it.
- On Ashtami tithi, there is a tradition of feeding girls. Navratri is not only a festival of fasting and vrat. It is also a festival of women's power and respect for the daughters.
- Therefore, there is a tradition of worshiping and feeding virgin girls in Navaratri.
- Although Navratri is a tradition of worshiping girls every day, Ashtami and Navami are definitely worshiped.
2. AtmaPooja - Puja is done for self-purification
3. Tilak and aachman - Put tilak on forehead and drink holy water from palms.
4. Sankalpa - Taking water in hand and making a wish in front of the Goddess.
5. Aavahana and Aasan - Offer flowers
6. Paadhya - Offer water to Devi’s charan.
7. Aachman - Offer kapoor (camphor) mixed water.
8. DugdhaSnan - Offer cow milk for bathing
9. Ghrita and Madhusnan - Offer ghee and honey for bathing
10. Sharkara and Panchamritsnan - Offer sugar and panchaamrita bathing.
11. Vastra - Offer sari or cloth to wear.
12. Chandan - Put Sandalwood tilak on the deity.
13. Put Kumkum on her forehead
14. Kajal, druvapatra and bilwapatra should be offered
15. Dhoopa and deepam is offered
16. Prasad is given to the Goddess
17. Aarti is made
18. Recite the mantra and offer the diya
19. Lord Shiva is also worshipped along with the Devi
20. Kanya puja is also done on this day – nine little girls are invited home and offered food and clothing.
Must read: Navratri mantras for all nine days
Mantra: Om Devi Mahagauryai Namah.
Prarthana: Shwete Vrishesamarudha Shwetambaradhara Shuchih,
Mahagauri Shubham Dadyanmahadeva Pramodada.
Stuti: Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu Maa Mahagauri Rupena Samsthita,
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah.
Dhyana: Vande Vanchhita Kamarthe Chandrardhakritashekharam,
Simharudha Chaturbhuja Mahagauri Yashasvinim.
Purnandu Nibham Gauri Somachakrasthitam Ashtamam Mahagauri Trinetram,
Varabhitikaram Trishula Damarudharam Mahagauri Bhajem.
Patambara Paridhanam Mriduhasya Nanalankara Bhushitam,
Manjira, Hara, Keyura, Kinkini, Ratnakundala Manditam.
Praphulla Vandana Pallavadharam Kanta Kapolam Trailokya Mohanam,
Kamaniyam Lavanyam Mrinalam Chandana Gandhaliptam.
Stotra: Sarvasankata Hantri Tvamhi Dhana Aishwarya Pradayanim,
Jnanada Chaturvedamayi Mahagauri Pranamamyaham.
Sukha Shantidatri Dhana Dhanya Pradayanim,
Damaruvadya Priya Adya Mahagauri Pranamamyaham.
Trailokyamangala Tvamhi Tapatraya Harinim,
Vadadam Chaitanyamayi Mahagauri Pranamamyaham.
जय महागौरी जगत की माया। जय उमा भवानी जय महामाया॥
हरिद्वार कनखल के पासा। महागौरी तेरा वहा निवास॥
चन्द्रकली और ममता अम्बे। जय शक्ति जय जय माँ जगदम्बे॥
भीमा देवी विमला माता। कौशिक देवी जग विख्यता॥
हिमाचल के घर गौरी रूप तेरा। महाकाली दुर्गा है स्वरूप तेरा॥
सती (सत) हवन कुंड में था जलाया। उसी धुएं ने रूप काली बनाया॥
बना धर्म सिंह जो सवारी में आया। तो शंकर ने त्रिशूल अपना दिखाया॥
तभी माँ ने महागौरी नाम पाया। शरण आनेवाले का संकट मिटाया॥
शनिवार को तेरी पूजा जो करता। माँ बिगड़ा हुआ काम उसका सुधरता॥
भक्त बोलो तो सोच तुम क्या रहे हो। महागौरी माँ तेरी हरदम ही जय हो॥