Putrada Ekadashi is one of the most important and revered fasts dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The Sukla Paksha Ekadashi of Hindu month Paush is observed as Paush Putrada Ekadashi. Putrada means giver of a son. The rituals of this festival are usually performed by married couples. Married women who desire children, observe Putrada Ekadashi vrat and also perform various rituals associated with this festival to get the divine blessings of Lord Vishnu.
2022 Pausha Putrada Ekadashi Date: Thursday, 13 January.
Putrada Ekadashi is celebrated twice a year. According to the Hindu calendar, the eleventh date of every Hindu month is called Ekadashi. The first Putrada Ekadashi is called Paush Putrada Ekadashi or Paush Shukla Putrada Ekadashi, which is celebrated in the month of January or December according to the English calendar. And the second Putrada Ekadashi is called Shravan Putrada Ekadashi which falls in the month of July or August according to the calendar year.
Read Also: Paush Putrada Ekadashi Vrat Katha
Every ritual of fasting is required to be performed and followed with adequate practice so that it can be used to its maximum advantage. Following are the methods of worship of Paush Putrad Ekadashi:
- Devotees should wake up early in the morning and take a bath.
- Observers should recite Vishnu Sahastranam Stotram.
- Fasting is done for a full 24-hour period (in the state of fasting, devotees can also partially fast).
- Observers should avoid consuming all types of grains and rice.
- If a couple has child problems or has no children, then the wife, as well as the husband, should fast and worship Lord Vishnu jointly.
- They should devote their time and attention to the worship of Lord Vishnu, perform Bhajan Kirtan, and also do night awakenings.
- Worship of Lord Vishnu requires special worship.
- Devotees should visit the nearby temple of Lord Krishna or Lord Vishnu and offer sacred food (prasad) to the idols of the Lord.
- All worship and rituals should end with the aarti of Lord Vishnu.
The following mantras are recited while observing Paush Putradi Ekadashi Puja and fasting:
"Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya Mantra,
Vishnu Sahastranam Stotram,