धर्म, अर्थ, कामादि, सुख, मिले पदारथ चार॥”
Pradosh Vrat Udyapan Vidhi:
• One day before the udyapan, worship Lord Ganesha duly by sacred ceremonies and puja vidhi.
• Awake the whole night with the hymns of Shiva-Parvati and Ganesha.
• Wake up bit early in the morning and get rid of the routine sequences and household chores.
• Wear clean white clothes after taking a holy bathe.
• In the evening time on third pehar, Lord Shiva should be worshipped with various flowers, Lal Chandan, Havan and Panchamrata.
• One should concentrate at the time of worship and revere Lord Shiva, Ganesha, Goddess Parvati, Kartika and Nandi.
• Lord Shiva is worshiped and his idol is put in a holy vessel or 'kalash'.
• Mediate for some time on Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati.
• The sunset time is considered auspicious for venerating Pradosh Vrat ceremony.
• Cleanse the worship house and even the entire house.
• Make a pavilion with colourful rangoli and clothes at the place of worship.
• Establish the statue of Shiva-Parvati in a chowk or pan in the Mandap.
• Now worship the divinities Shiva and Parvati with utter devotion.
• Offer sweetmeats and other sacred cuisines to the deities.
• Listen to the story
of the Pradsoh Vrat (katha) and Shiva Purana with accordance to the day on
which Pradosh Vrat is fallen.
Pradosh Vrat Benefits:
The fruits and benefits of Pradosh Vrat fasting are different and vary according to the days, it falls) such as shukra pradosh or bhragu vaara Pradosh Vrat. When Pradosh Vrat fast observes on Friday, it is called bhragu vaara Pradosh Vrat. It is believed that by continuously fasting for one year, all the sins of man are eliminated. By performing this divine fast with proper rituals and ceremonies, negativity shrinks off from one’s life and success is achieved by times.
For Pradosh Vrat Katha Click Here.