!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->
Rituals and Puja Vidhi For Makar Sankranti
The first major festival of the year Makar Sankranti is considered the most auspicious day among all. Know basic puja vidhi and rituals to perform in Makar Sankranti
People clean the entire house on this auspicious day.
· On the day of Makar Sankranti, the person who performs the Puja in the house along with the other members takes an oil bath in the early morning.
· The house is beautifully decorated with Rangoli especially at the entrance and a garland of flowers and mango leaves is hanged in the doorways.
· An idol or picture of the Lord Surya is placed for worship in the Puja room.
· Time from sunrise to sunset on Makar-Sankranti is auspicious. A Holy dip during this period carries special significance. Those who take a Holy dip in the rivers Ganga, Yamuna, Godavari, Krushna and Kaveri at the Holy places situated on the banks of these rivers acquire the highest merit.
· Haldi Kumkum ceremony is performed for married women.
· Small Mud pots are worshipped.
· Black til with molasses is distributed in temples, relatives and friends. It is believed that it helps in eradicating the malicious effects of Saturn and the Sun God.
· On this day people also perform Shani Shanti Graha puja at home.
· If Sun is having negative effects in your horoscope then on this day you can donate to the needy to minimize its effects.
· This day is also considered auspicious to attract Monetary power in life.
· This day is also considered to be super auspicious for performing any sacred work or start a new initiative.
KNOW MORE ABOUT MAKAR SANKRANTI