Ratha Saptami is the Saptami that falls on Shukla Paksha in the month of Magha. Saptami Tithi is dedicated to Lord Surya, Surya is said to be sitting on a chariot with seven white horses. It is believed that Lord Surya Dev started enlightening the whole world on Ratha Saptami, i.e. it was also considered as the birthday of Lord Surya. Hence this day is also defined as Surya Jayanti.
Snan Muhurta on Ratha Saptami = 05:14 AM to 06:56 AM
Duration = 1 Hour 42 Mins
Civil Dawn on Ratha Saptami - 06:32 AM
Observational Sunrise time on Ratha Saptami - 06:56 AM
Saptami Tithi Begins - 08:17 AM on Feb 18, 2021
Saptami Tithi Ends - 10:58 AM on Feb 19, 2021
1. Take a bath before sunrise on the Saptami day and see the rising sun and offer water to them saying 'Mi Ghritani Surya Namah'.
2. Give red rays, red flowers, and water to the rays of the sun.
3. After giving water to the sun, sit in a red posture, and chant this mantra 108 times in the east direction by the main.
"Ehi Surya Sahastrashanso Tejorashe Jagatpate.
Compassionate mother Bhaktya griharadhya diwakar".
1. All the propitious
rituals of Ratha Saptami are conducted at the time/or before Arunodaya, i.e.
2. The first thing should be taking a pious holy dip in the sacred River during Arunodaya (before sunrise).
3. While taking bath, one should also offer flower leaves, milk, and sweetmeats to Lord Surya.
4. Recite the Jappa of ‘Gayatri Mantra’, ‘Surya Sahasranaam,’ and ‘Adityahridayam’ after or during bath.
5. After chanting the mantras, worship Lord Surya during sunrise by offering Arghyadan.
6. Proffer water to Lord Surya from Kalash (with folded hand) in a standing posture.
7. Light Diya/Deepak of pure Ghee (earthen lamp) in front of Him.
8. Venerate Lord with intense dhoop, Kapur, and red and yellow flowers.
1. It is
considered that- Sun God enlightened the entire world with his illumination,
power and strength.
2. It is a belief that that taking a sacred bath at the time of Ratha Saptami free a person from all illnesses and diseases.
3. Seven types of sins are ever done in your present or previous lives are purified by expiatory sacrifice, ceremonial washing, or some other ritual action on Ratha Saptami day.
4. The one who observes a strict fast is blessed with long life, good health, and wisdom.
Know about Ratha Saptami Vrat Katha in Hindi