Happy Buddha Pournima..
!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->
Buddha Purnima is observed on the full moon day in the month of April or May annually. It celebrates the birth anniversary, death anniversary (Nirvana) and enlightenment of the Lord Buddha on a single day. Buddha Purnima celebration has special importance for the Buddhists followers as the founder of the Buddhism was born, died and attained refinement. Here is some important rituals of Buddha Purnima.
On this notable day, Buddhists across the globe celebrate by following some set of the rituals and the celebrations. Let’s Take a look
- Buddhism Followers begin the rituals by visiting holy places such as- Monasteries and Buddha Temples nearby where they discern a longer- full-length Buddhist sutra.
- They firmly dressed up in white clothes and offer prayers to the lord with purest of feelings in their hearts.
- Vegetarian food is served to poverty-stricken and especially on this day, non-vegetarian food is not consumed. People prefer ‘Kheer’ to serve as Prasada to practitioners.
- Devotees get themselves involved in the celebrations by listening sermons, stories, preaching’s etc from the Holy Buddhist Scriptures.
- They distribute clothes, money, gifts and other useful products to the necessitous and also offer food to the priests and needful.
- Priests, Monks, Saints and Nuns pay tribute to the Buddha’s idol by offerings flowers, incense, Candles, Prasad, Milk and Scented- Holy Water and place clay or artificial Diyas around the statue.
- They play spiritual music, Aarti, devotional songs, read Buddhist Holy Scriptures, and engage themselves in religious speeches and discussion.
- Social, Cultural and Religious Ceremonies like Prayer meetings (including Panchasheel, Sutrapath, Ashtasheel, Sutrasraban) and Bodhidroom Mela (Fair) for four and five days to specially celebrate this illustrious festivity.
- They also participate in various meditation operations and Yoga Retreats for the inner satisfaction and self-improvement.
- Carcades and numerous processions are carried out in the local streets and roads with a Buddha Statue on the chariots.
People commemorate this fete tranquilly and show their devotion to the five principles of Lord Buddha. These Five principles of Lord-Buddha are collectively called Panchsheel.
You may also like: Five Precepts of Buddhism
Happy Buddha Pournima..
If the birth is in the Buddhist practicing family but he will not be Buddhist by practice only the beings will become Buddhist there is no harm while we are going to school for learning in the same way we have to refugee in the path of Lord Buddha Dhamma Sangha to become samma beings.
The philosophy of Buddhism leads to attainment of moksha. It will give u light of life
VERY GOOD WORK
Happy Buddha Purnima happy birthday Siddhartha Gautama i am Buddhist and I love to be Buddhist
How to angry man...