!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->
Saphala Ekadashi is a holy Hindu vrat observed on Ekadashi of Paush Krishna Paksha (11th day of the waning phase of the moon). In 2021, this auspicious vrat is to be observed 2 times. First Saphala Ekadashi falls on Saturday, 09 January. And another one observes on Thursday, 30 December 2021.
|Saphala Ekadashi 2021|
|Date||Saturday, 09 January 2021|
|Tithi||Krishna Paksha Ekadashi|
On the day of Saphala Ekadashi, Shrihari names and mantras are chanted. On this day, devotees wake up before sunrise with the Vaishnavas while performing Harinam Sankirtana. The result obtained by awakening Ekadashi before sunrise is not attained even after doing this vrat for thousands of years. Saphala Ekadashi vrat is considered to give all happiness. By observing this Ekadashi vrat, one also gets the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
You may also like to read: Saphala Ekadashi Vrat Katha
Here are Saphala Ekadashi date and tithi timing
Saphala Ekadashi Muhurat for January 9, 2021
On 10 January Parana Time - 06:56 AM to 09:04 AM
Ekadashi Tithi Begins - 09:40 PM on Jan 08, 2021
Ekadashi Tithi Ends - 07:17 PM on Jan 09, 2021
Saphala Ekadashi Muhurat for December 30, 2021
On 31 Dec, Parana Time - 06:54 AM to 09:01 AM
Ekadashi Tithi Begins - 04:12 PM on Dec 29, 2021
Ekadashi Tithi Ends - 01:40 PM on Dec 30, 2021
The devotees observing the vrat of Saphala Ekadashi should worship Lord Vishnu on this day. The method of fasting is as follows-
- Keep a fast after morning bath and offer incense, lamp, fruit, and Panchamrita, etc. to the Lord Vishnu.
- Lord Vishnu should be worshiped with coconut, betel nut, amla, pomegranate, and cloves.
- There is great importance to do Jagran at night on this day and perform Bhajan in the name of Shri Hari.
- Should offer food to a needy person or a Brahmin, by giving donations on the next day of fasting i.e Dwadashi.
- One should sleep on the ground, not in bed on Ekadashi.
- Do not consume meat, drugs, garlic, and onion.
- Datun on the morning of Saphala Ekadashi is also not considered.
- It is considered inauspicious to break the flowers and leaves of any tree or plant on this day.
The significance of Saphala Ekadashi is described in religious texts as a conversation between Dharmaraja Yudhishthira and Lord Krishna. It is believed that one thousand Ashwamedh Yagyas can not give many benefits even as they are observed by observing the vrat of Saphala Ekadashi. The day of Saphala Ekadashi is described as a day on which fasting ends sorrow and destiny is revealed. Saphala Ekadashi vrat helps in fulfilling all the wishes and dreams of a person.