Navratri is an important Hindu festival, which is dedicated to Goddess Durga (NavDurga). Among all Navratris; Shardiya Navratri is the most popular and significant. This nine days long festival starts from the first day (pratipada) of Ashwin month according to Hindu Lunar calendar. In 2020, Shardiya Navratri starts from Saturday, 17 October and ends on Dussehra - Monday, 26 October. It is also known as Maha Navratri. Most of the rituals and customs are the same as followed during the ‘Chaitra Navratri’. All nine days during Navratri are dedicated to Nine forms of Goddess Durga. Here is the 2020 Shardiya Navratri Calendar with mantras and colors of the day.
1st Day of Navratri (Partipada)
– Saturday, 17 October 2020
– Ghatasthapana, Chandra Darshan, Shailputri Puja
– Favorite flower: Hibiscus
– Color of the Day: Orange
– Mantra: 'Om Devi Shailaputryai Namah'
You may like: Navratri Mantras for all Nine days
4th Day of Navratri (Chaturthi)
– Tuesday, 20 October 2020
– Kushmanda Puja, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Lakshmi Panchami
– Favorite flower: Jasmine
– Color of the Day: Royal Blue
– Mantra: 'Om Devi Kushmandayai Namah'
8th Day of Navratri (Ashtami)
– Saturday, 24 October 2020
– Durga Ashtami, Mahagauri Puja, Annapurna Ashtami, Sandhi Puja
– Favorite Flower: Night-blooming jasmine, mogra
– Color of the Day: Purple
– Mantra: 'Om Devi Mahagauryai Namah'
Last Day of Navratri (Vijaya Dashami)
– Monday, 26 October 2020
– Dussehra, Durga Visarjan