Navratri is an important Hindu festival, which is dedicated to Goddess Durga (NavaDurga). Among all navratris; Shardiya Navratri is the most popular and significant. This nine days long festival starts from first day (pratipada) of Ashwin month according to Hindu Lunar calendar. In 2019, Shardiya Navratri starts from Sunday, 29 September and ends on Dussehra - Tuesday, 08 October. It is also known as Maha Navratri. Most of the rituals and customs are same as followed during the ‘Chaitra Navratri’. All nine days during Navratri are dedicated to Nine forms of Goddess Durga. Here is 2019 Shardiya Navratri Calendar with mantras and colors of the day.
1st Day of Navratri (Partipada)
– Sunday, 29 September 2019
– Ghatasthapana, Chandra Darshan, Shailputri Puja
– Favorite flower: Hibiscus
– Color of the Day: Orange
– Mantra: 'Om Devi Shailaputryai Namah'
You may like: Navratri Mantras for all Nine days
4th Day of Navratri (Chaturthi)
– Wednesday, 02 October 2019
– Kushmanda Puja, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Lakshmi Panchami
– Favorite flower: Jasmine
– Color of the Day: Royal Blue
– Mantra: 'Om Devi Kushmandayai Namah'
8th Day of Navratri (Ashtami)
– Sunday, 06 October 2019
– Durga Ashtami, Mahagauri Puja, Annapurna Ashtami, Sandhi Puja
– Favourite Flower: Night blooming jasmine, mogra
– Color of the Day: Purple
– Mantra: 'Om Devi Mahagauryai Namah'
Last Day of Navratri (Vijaya Dashami)
– Tuesday, 8 October 2019
– Dussehra, Durga Visarjan