Padri Ki Haveli, which translates into the Mansion of Padre, is touted to be the first Catholic Church in the entire state of Bihar. The church traces its history back to a small place of worship established by the Roman Catholics who first came to Bihar. The present-day Padri Ki Haveli stands at the same location where this small church had stood once. Also known as St. Mary’s Church, it was redesigned by Tirreto, a Venetian artist, in 1772. This church is a glorious sight to behold, thanks to its grand architecture and intricate details. Among the main attractions of this church is its lovely cathedral bell adorned with inscriptions. An interesting trivia about this place is that Mother Teresa received her training here.
Location: Sadikpur, Patna