It is the third most important church in New Delhi after St.Mary’s Church and Sacred Heart Cathedral. The church is located close to New Delhi railway station in the Paharganj area.
The construction of the church was started in the year of 1917 by Rev. Fr. James and was completed in the year of 1949 by Rev. Fr. R.P. Angelo. The church has a different architectural layout compared to the regular church structures.
Here the building is in a circular form with no supporting pillars in between and also during the masses in this church, the priest faces the devotees. The church is a very important structure in Delhi and houses tow other important buildings- two schools and a girl’s orphanage.