Chaitra Navratri worships Goddess Durga and her various forms which are the epitomes of power and have the ability to bring in anything desired. Not to forget it were these 9 Goddesses who were able to conquer the most dangerous demon who could not be defeated by any of the other super powers. Hence, you could have understood the importance of these 9 days which are the most powerful of all.
The entire Navratri festival is all about praying, fasting as well as savouring delicacies, dancing and enjoying for the nine days. People of different states celebrate it in different ways and with a lot of devotion. Chaitra Navratri symbolizes the beginning of the Hindu New Year which marks the beginning of the spring season. Devotees worship the three main manifestations of Goddess Shakti i.e Durga, Saraswati and Lakshmi to seek their divine blessing.
The scientific reason behind the celebration of Chaitra Navratri
Those who think that the rituals, vidhis and sanskaram’s are all waste of time and money, then I must say that you are wrong! It’s just that with time, the real value and procedures of these very precious practices are lost. Some of them have been completely transformed according to the comfort level of people and some have been manipulated. Now, see what the plus points of fasting are.
- This procedure brings in positive attitude of controlling your 9 desires.
- Fasting was a major part of many great people who have done years of severe penance and attained miracles. It has the ability to invoke eternal happiness and bliss.
- It is advised that you should involve in certain meditation during fasting. It will enable detoxing whilst also the working on the mental and spiritual levels.
- The current food habits create hypertension and cardiovascular problems. Fasting helps the body desalt and dilute the body.
- This procedure of staying without or with light food also eliminates gas, lightens the body, improves mental clarity, provides a clean tongue and fresh breath, and preserves overall health.
- Scientifically, fasting is an effective way to kindle the digestive fire and burn away accumulated toxins from the body and mind.
- It also acts as a mental peace booster by enabling us to stay away from the regularly overburdened body and cravings.
- Therapists claim that it has the capacity to instill virtues like self-discipline and calmness.
- Fasting facilitates spiritual purification leading to a stronger willpower.
- Spiritually it is also believed that: Lust, Anger, Greed, Attachment, Ego, Fear, Jealousy, Inertia, Hate and Guilty.
- The period of Navratri always falls on the time of season change and this is the time when our body has low immunity and is most susceptible to fall sick. Hence, fasting will keep away the negative energies to be absorbed.
The time during which Navratri prevails is said to be the period when Mother Nature undergoes a huge change climatically. The change brings in a lot of unwanted diseases and sufferings. Human beings get affected a lot by this change.
Also, Chaitra Navratri symbolizes beginning of year according to Hindu calendar. It also marks beginning of spring season when new flowers and fruits start to bloom. People worship Goddess Laxmi and Goddess Saraswati to seek blessings from them. The entire nine days and the tenth day when the idol is immersed is about praying, fasting, dancing and enjoying. All this in totality helps people get organised for summer season.
You may also LikeChaitra Navratri Vrat Katha
Rituals of Navratri
Navratri Puja Vidhi