How to celebrate Hanuman Jayanti
Hanuman Jayanti celebrates the birthday of the only living God – Lord Hanuman! On this day, people get submerged into the devotion of the Lord by chanting Mantras and meditating. Hanuman Jayanti is more about chanting than performing puja. Below mentioned is a step by step process of how to perform the small Hanuman Aarti along with the exact materials to be used. In this article, you will also find the details of the prayers and mantras to be chanted. Let’s know how to celebrate Hanuman Jayanti in detail.
It is believed that Lord Hanuman does not accept prayers if you do not pray his Lord Rama first. His dedication and honesty to his Lord will always remain a lesson for us. Hanuman Jayanti is celebrated with a lot of pomp and show among people. He is the most famous God among all.
- It is believed that Lord Hanuman was born at the time of sunrise and therefore all the puja vidhi are started at dawn on the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti.
- After the completion of all the rituals, Prasad and food are distributed amongst the worshipers of Lord Hanuman.
- People gather in Hanuman temples early in the morning to worship him.
- Practices like charity and mediation are performed in order to please Lord Hanuman and his Lord Rama.
- This day is considered to be very auspicious for starting any new job. If something is started with the name of Lord Hanuman, then is assured to provide best results.
- On this day, Chanting of Hanuman Chalisa and Sankat Mochan Ashtakare is done along with other mantras to please the Lord.
- Sankalpam is done by the devotees to take the blessings of Lord Hanuman.
- Fire ritual and Havan are also performed on this auspicious occasion.
- On Hanuman Jayanti people also observe fast and perform meditation.
- Hanuman Jayanti is considered very auspicious for wrestlers and bodybuilders. On this day, they fast from morning till night. Bodybuilding and wrestling competitions are organized in Indian villages. They assemble at the wrestling field after paying obeisance to Lord Hanuman.
Establishment of Lord Hanuman - You need to first of all clean a place, sprinkle it with sacred water and put a clean cloth. Establish the deity of Lord Hanuman at the place which would be convenient for the members to sit and chant.
Applying Sindoor – Sindoor should be applied with the ring finger.
Offering Flowers – Flowers and leaves of calotropis (ruee) in a number of Five or multiples of five and the stems of flowers should be turned towards the Deity.
Lighting incense sticks – Kewda, Chameli (Jasmine) and Ambar incense in a number of two is to be lighted. Holding them between the index finger and thumb of the right hand, the incense sticks should be waved thrice, in a clockwise direction, in a full circle.
Circumambulation – Minimum five rotations are required but if a worshiper wants to perform more, then they should be in multiples of five.
You may Like