Vrat Katha and Vidhi | Surya Mantra to chant on Makar Sankranti
Vrat Vidhi Of Makar Sankranti
Many people of different regions keep fast on makar sankranti as it is believed to be the most auspicious day of the entire year. Below mentioned is the process to be followed to perform the Vrat.
- In one thaali place two ghevars, four black til ladoos, four white til ladoos and some money.
- Sprinkle roli and chawal on the baayna. Apply tilak to yourself.
- Covering your folded hands withsaree odni, rotate them over the baayna four times.
- Then give the baayna to your mother-in- law by touching her feet.
- Baayna could also be given to your elder sister-in- law or husband.
- If you are alone in the house, you can keep the baayna in the puja room and later either give it to a Brahmin or it can be sent to the temple.
- On this day you also need to perform some donation to either Brahmins or the needy, without which all the rituals are invalid.
Surya Mantra to chant on Makar Sankranti
Om Suryah Namah||
Om Adityayh Namah||
Om Saptachisi Namah||
Om Shandmandlaye Namah||
Om Shivetre Namah||
Om Varunaya Namah||
Om Saptasaptaye Namah||
Om Martandaya Namah||
Om Vishnave Namah||
Mul Mantra: Om Harem Harem Homm Saha Surya Namah...
KNOW MORE ABOUT MAKAR SANKRANTI
Makar Sankranti Puja and Rituals